Author Topic: Batch files..... how to get them to work?  (Read 4704 times)

ninjamonkey10

• View Profile
Batch files..... how to get them to work?
« on: February 24, 2016, 09:43:16 AM »
Hey everybody,

I am new to the forums, but not to attract mode. I currently have a 4-player, 8-button per station arcade machine I built for my apartment running attract mode. It's been more or less done for a year - I have one problem that I can't seem to solveRunning a batch file that will do one a preliminary program, load the emulator and game, and run the same preliminary program in reverse upon pressing the exit hotkey (escape in my case). 

Here a little background on my rig. I am running a windows 10 machine (pretty decent specs; I can't remember them off the top of my head) with an I-Pac4 controller board with 4-player stations (8 action buttons plus joystick; 10 buttons including the player button and the coin input button for each one). What I am trying to do with the batch file is run the WinIPAC configuration program for "on the fly" button layout programming; which I know how to implement and have gotten to work. I have gotten a batch file to run upon selecting a specific title for a specific emulator. The batch file(s) I've created would run up to a point; running the config tool, loading the control panel config file and load the emulator but it will not load the game. Upon pressing the exit hotkey, it wouldn't exit. Therefore, it wouldn't run the WinIPAC configuration tool to flash back to the MAME control panel configuration file. I am sure my issue is a simple fix. It might be something I am overlooking (most likely, is) or something completely out of my view.

I was wondering, if anyone here might have some incite into how I could achieve these ideas/ goals. I don't have access to the batch file source code right now. I will upload an example of it later so you guys could see what I have done so far. Hopefully, someone here could help me. Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 12:05:52 PM by ninjamonkey10 »