Author Topic: Raspberry Pi Image for Pi2, Pi3 and Pi4 - with RetroPie  (Read 523364 times)

Omamez

• View Profile
Re: Raspberry Pi Image for Pi 2 and Pi 3
« Reply #240 on: May 16, 2016, 03:06:00 PM »
My vids 240p for most consoles  are under 1 meg very few over 1 meg and my mame 480p are around 1.26megs approx to 2meg

my mame

« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 03:10:20 PM by Omamez »

Omamez

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 17, 2016, 12:39:20 AM »
I can confirm v0.4 has issues with external devices like usb thumb and SSD, HDD - I guess back to v0.2 for now Bummer

- Tried USB thumb 64gb - issue
- Tried USB HDD 160gb - Issue
- Tried USB SSD 64gb - Issue
- Tried without external device no issue

Finhead

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 17, 2016, 07:30:33 AM »
I can confirm v0.4 has issues with external devices like usb thumb and SSD, HDD - I guess back to v0.2 for now Bummer

I had no issues on v0.4 with my SanDisk Utra II SSD 960gb drive, reads roms fine from it.
Other issues on that version, currently running a new complied version of my own.
Which also works with the SSD drive no problems. 

nitrogen_widget

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 17, 2016, 11:19:02 AM »

Perhaps I missed this, but how big is your powersupply & are you using a powered hub?

Roverius

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 17, 2016, 11:19:40 AM »
Like I say I have no idea if the SD card plays any roll in keeping it from crashing or not, just faster.

Those videos are very large for 240p, I would try swapping them out for a test. Try using these instead, it's what I use with no issues.
Full sets
http://www.progettosnaps.net/videosnaps/

Individual
http://www.progettosnaps.net/videosnaps/videosnaps_files.php?letter=d&layout=image

OK, downloaded the whole set. Largest file size in this set is still 34Mb.
I tested, but same issue, crash after a while.

So, i cleared out all MP4 files larger than 2Mb. Then, i added the small sized files (smaller than 2Mb) from EmuMovies to those from progetto.
Now i have over 4k MP4 files lower than 2Mb/mp4 and it seems to run stable now.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 01:01:01 PM by Roverius »

Omamez

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 17, 2016, 02:44:29 PM »
@Roveruis,

1 x RPI3
1 x 2.5amps power supply
1 x 32GB Ultra Scandisk class 10 for OS
1 x 160gb Toshiba 2.5inch  HDD external powered

after few reboot's I loose I get blank screen with no fuctionality I can see the pi doing its thing green light flickering away only way to get it back is to reflash teh sd card

I may try the 0.2 again and see if I have same issues and also change HDD

also keep in mind i have also updated the pi with sudo apt-get update and upgrade etc see if it would make difference but didn't

@ Nitrogen Widget

Omamez

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 17, 2016, 03:20:26 PM »
Open source VPU side bootloader for Raspberry Pi.

https://github.com/christinaa/rpi-open-firmware

Omamez

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 17, 2016, 08:13:47 PM »
@Roverius my v0.2 does not go into sleep mode only show collage of games although v0.4 does go to sleep blank screen

Roverius

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 18, 2016, 12:33:13 AM »
@Roverius my v0.2 does not go into sleep mode only show collage of games although v0.4 does go to sleep blank screen
For the moment, i only use V0.2 and it seems to run stable now with the MP4 files lower then 2KB/file.
With the V0.4, i did not have blank screen, only takes much longer to load the files.

Did you also set memory split to 512CPU mem?

Maybe i test again with 0.4 and see what whappens

Omamez

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 18, 2016, 12:41:51 AM »
mem is set to 256

and have not had issues with mp4 larger than 2k my only gripe is v0.4 and external devices I may try today rpi2 and see if it has similar issues

BuffaloArcade

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 18, 2016, 06:09:21 PM »
I get this same error on a brand new Raspberry Pi three.  I had Emulation Station running and one day the Roms stopped launching and I found AttractMode.  I got version .4 sort of working without art and then downloaded the artwork version and I'm getting the pulse 0x500 error.  There was initially an error about attract.cfg, and it was corrupt, but I replaced it with the version from the non-artwork version. 

Is there a specific fix for the error?  I am a noob.   

(I actually built a cabinet with t-molding, lighted marque and the whole bit after seeing the attract mode online a couple of months ago.  May have been the robospin.  )

Omamez

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 18, 2016, 06:27:37 PM »
I get this same error on a brand new Raspberry Pi three.  I had Emulation Station running and one day the Roms stopped launching and I found AttractMode.  I got version .4 sort of working without art and then downloaded the artwork version and I'm getting the pulse 0x500 error.  There was initially an error about attract.cfg, and it was corrupt, but I replaced it with the version from the non-artwork version. 

Is there a specific fix for the error?  I am a noob.   

(I actually built a cabinet with t-molding, lighted marque and the whole bit after seeing the attract mode online a couple of months ago.  May have been the robospin.  )

takn from post #1

Known Issues
- AM startup error
AL lib: (WW) alc_initconfig: Failed to initialize backend "pulse"
glGetError 0x500
glGetError 0x500
glGetError 0x500

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 18, 2016, 10:49:21 PM »
Hiya!

I think the Al lib error is fairly benign but annoying. To fix it, you need to install pulseaudio but don't because it could wreck your system.   

Need to get feedback from Raygun...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 01:19:44 PM by omegaman »

Finhead

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 19, 2016, 11:11:09 AM »
Hiya!

I think the Al lib error is fairly benign but annoying. To fix it, install pulseaudio. 

Update, I would hold off using pulseaudio for now. Until, some further testing can be done.

Any ideas on the glGetError 0x500 ? It doesn't seem to effect anything for running roms etc but it does bring up a the screen while loading the rom to show the error. If it were fixed it might bypass showing any console text? That's the only issue I am having with the non X Attract Mode version, the X version did not show any console text while loading roms.

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 19, 2016, 11:16:14 AM »
I downloaded Floob's latest image "v4.0" a few hours ago and so far everything seems to be working great. All my media and roms are stored on a 1TB usb drive connected to a powered hub with no issues as well.

I'm going run it all day to see if I experience some of the issues that have been reported.