Author Topic: Raspberry Pi Image for Pi2, Pi3 and Pi4 - with RetroPie  (Read 523393 times)

Ricardo

• View Profile
Re: Raspberry Pi Image for Pi 2 and Pi 3
« Reply #435 on: August 29, 2016, 08:07:31 AM »
for this new version, I just record it on SD and resize the start as in version v.4 or this new version requires other primary initial settings ?

philby85

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 29, 2016, 09:54:53 PM »
for this new version, I just record it on SD and resize the start as in version v.4 or this new version requires other primary initial settings ?

Just the same as far as I know.

Ricardo

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 03, 2016, 06:15:12 PM »

Please , I have problems with this update . the previous all my arcade controls worked ok .. for the new one does not accept the command down during navigation Attract . to add the command "down" it appears " UPOS " and exit the setting the " UPOS " turns into "up" , even though I have already set up the command " up" .

Another difficulty was with the layouts of the displays ; almost all changed and were repeated ( nevato this equal to coinops layout , which is equal to finalburn - layout and so on. I used the robospin - betanew because I like the image I put the game ( flyer ) which is the background, but now this image ( flyer / boxart ) no longer appear either in robospin - betanew nor in nevato . someone has some way to leave the retropie 4.0 with AM equal to v4 version? excuse the huge text and thank you.

Chillimonster

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 07, 2016, 03:06:12 AM »

Please , I have problems with this update . the previous all my arcade controls worked ok .. for the new one does not accept the command down during navigation Attract . to add the command "down" it appears " UPOS " and exit the setting the " UPOS " turns into "up" , even though I have already set up the command " up" .

I had a similar issue due to a bug in the latest version. (I have a thread about it on here).

I guess you are using Zero Delay (Dragonrise) encoders?

You can get round it in two ways - the first is to manually compile V4 onto a Retropie 4.0 installation, and the other would be to use the pre-built 4.0 image and update retropie via the retropie setup script.

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 08, 2016, 12:00:56 AM »
Box art is supported by Robospin and I'm sure the same goes for Nevato. All you have to do is edit your AM emulator config in question and point the flyer path to box art media instead of flyer media.

FYI, I'm going to release robospin.v4 tomorrow that has some new features, cosmetic changes, and some tweaks. Here are some of the highlights:

Fixed a scaling issue that broke on odroid.
Added new console backgrounds with a blur effect that get loaded when you switch to a different emulator.
Tweaked spin wheel to display less wheel art for better spacing and performance.
Changed the text frame and moved it to the bottom of the display like the original robospin, more room for listbox if enabled and looks better
Tweaked snap skew and pinch effects for better scaling, looks much better from 640 to 1080.
Adjusted flyer placement again, flyer is no longer rotated and is now full height and half width on right side of cabinet.
Some text enhancements.
Scanline effect for bg can be turned off now.
Some other minor changes. 

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #440 on: September 08, 2016, 04:07:27 AM »
As for broken NEVATO in this version, this solution was mentioned earlier.

Thanks for the updated version just noticed Nevato layout not working on this build as its nested in a folder nevato-theme so attract mode cannot load the files and gives you a broken layout if used simple fix of moving the Nevato folder to its parent folder layouts and deleting nevato-theme.

I'm going to try it myself to see if this can be fixed in the theme itself (I doubt it - because it has flat file structure, all files in one folder - but we'll see).

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 08, 2016, 10:38:34 AM »
There I go with my assumptions again.  :)

I still you using floobs former image that I updated manually. Still going strong.

Anyway, I have here version 4 of robospin If someone is willing to take it for a test drive before I release it. There is a lot of changes and tweaks and I think it looks and functions much better with all the improvements. There's an option now called blur that loads BG console art automatically when switching to a different emulator. You can add your own console art by placing it in the new BG folder, just make sure the art matches your emulator names. I added some default bg art for some of the common consoles using a gaussain blur effect of 25% to give things a whimsical feel. Yes, I said that.  ;D

If someone can give me the emulator names from floob's newest image, I can match the names in the bg folder.

Also, instead of just having just a scan-line effect, I also added a generic mask and aperture overlay for even more options.   

And, some fixes as mentioned in another thread.

https://app.box.com/s/hcouvf2t8bpmgcinbnhosf7pwq63qbs7

nespcbuild

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 09, 2016, 12:00:46 AM »
Hello!

First of all, thanks to floob for all the awesome work. For the most part it's been a breeze setting up my pi. I'm almost ready to ditch hyperspin on my windows pc in favor of attract mode. I have had one problem which I'm hoping someone can help me with...

I manually added a smb share to the smb config file to include the 'attract' directory because I want to be able to add layouts from a windows machine using smb. I can access the attract folder but if I try to copy files to it or view/edit the files, I receive a message that access is denied. When I added the directory to the smb config file I basically just copied the existing text from another share but changed the path and, name, and comment. I'm sure that I missed a step somewhere and somehow need to grant myself read/write access so that I can write to the smb share. Does anyone know how I can resolve this?

Here's what I added to the end of the smb config file:

[attract]
comment = attract
path = "/usr/local/share/attract"
writeable = yes
guest ok = yes
create mask = 0644
directory mask = 0755
force user = pi

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #443 on: September 09, 2016, 12:07:34 AM »
@omegaman

I'm planning to try the newest Floob image this weekend - so I can also test your new Robospin.
I have only mame roms so I can't test everything - but I'll let you know if I'll find any bugs.

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 09, 2016, 07:52:03 AM »
verion-

Thanks man. So far, I've tested it on the pi3 and win10 without issue. I also tested most of the user settings but as you know there's always something that can break. Scaling works great, even at 240p which is nice if you have a CRT.

I keep going back to a minimalist approach.

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 09, 2016, 08:00:31 AM »
necpcsbuild-

Have you tried using WinSCP for managing your Pi yet?. You can do anything you want remotely out of the box. Anything you can do in front of the terminal you can do remotely using this app. You can drop to terminal, copy files, rename, delete, change rights, anything really. I highly recommend it, and its more secure than just having open shares. 

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 09, 2016, 01:11:13 PM »
Hello!

First of all, thanks to floob for all the awesome work. For the most part it's been a breeze setting up my pi. I'm almost ready to ditch hyperspin on my windows pc in favor of attract mode. I have had one problem which I'm hoping someone can help me with...

I manually added a smb share to the smb config file to include the 'attract' directory because I want to be able to add layouts from a windows machine using smb. I can access the attract folder but if I try to copy files to it or view/edit the files, I receive a message that access is denied. When I added the directory to the smb config file I basically just copied the existing text from another share but changed the path and, name, and comment. I'm sure that I missed a step somewhere and somehow need to grant myself read/write access so that I can write to the smb share. Does anyone know how I can resolve this?

Here's what I added to the end of the smb config file:

[attract]
comment = attract
path = "/usr/local/share/attract"
writeable = yes
guest ok = yes
create mask = 0644
directory mask = 0755
force user = pi

Change the path above to /home/pi./attract if you want to use a samba share.

See this post for details http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=821.msg6288#msg6288

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 09, 2016, 02:18:33 PM »
nes-

Progets, is right about the path. All the user files for attract are located here > /home/pi/.attract. . . Take a look at WinSCP though, it will make your life a lot easier. You can copy your layout files from your windows host machine to the pi with it as well.

nespcbuild

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 09, 2016, 03:47:36 PM »
@ omegaman & progets

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try both. The samba share will get me what I need for right now and as I dive deeper into this project I'm sure I'll want WinSCP. Thanks guys.

nespcbuild

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 10, 2016, 05:38:15 PM »
Has anyone tried running Killer Instinct in ra-mame2003? I'm using the correct 0.78 romset with the correct CHDs but just getting stuck on a blue screen when I try to launch the game. Similar issue with KI2. The game launches but just hangs on a red screen. They both run fine on my PC with the same romset/mame version.

Also for anyone who's interested, the full 0.78 romset with CHDs is hosted on archive.org. You just have to create a free account to be able to view the download links.