Author Topic: Install Attract-Mode on Lakka  (Read 3591 times)

BicheTortue

• View Profile
Install Attract-Mode on Lakka
« on: June 02, 2019, 10:49:49 AM »
Hello,

I'm building an arcade cabinet and I'm planning on using an old PC rather than a raspberry PI to be able to play Wii games using dolphin core.
I think the best way to do so is to install lakka and install attract mode on top of it. That's where I struggle because I can't get attract mode installed on lakka since there is no "make" command(Others are also missing).

I wonder how to do this, or if there is an easier solution to get a linux system to boot directly on attract mode. Even buying a different hardware similar to a Raspberry able to run Dolphin.

Thanks for your time.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 02:20:35 PM by BicheTortue »

BicheTortue

• View Profile
Re: Install Attract-Mode on Lakka
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 02:43:55 PM »
Did you even read my post?

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 09:03:59 PM »
Hello,

I'm building an arcade cabinet and I'm plannaing on using an old PC rather than a raspberryPI to be able to play Wii games using dolphin core.
I think the best way to do so is to install lakka and install attract mode on top of it. That's where I struggle because I can't get attract mode installed on lakka since there is no "make" command(Others are also missing).

I wonder how to do this, or if there is an easier solution to get a linux system to boot directly on attract mode. Even buying a different hardware similar to a Raspberry able to run Dolphin.

Thanks for your time.
Lakka isn't ideal for what you're trying to do. It uses a read only partition loaded into memory on boot which is problematic if you want to make major changes. Lakka is really just a thin OS for RetroArch based on OpenElec. Most people would use a minimal Linux distribution or Windows install and then just install Attract-Mode and RetroArch (or any other desired emulators).

Another option is to use RetroPie and add AttractMode. RetroPie isn't just for the Raspberry Pi and it can run on a PC https://retropie.org.uk/docs/Debian/. I wouldn't take this route but it might be easier if you'er not as experienced with emulation and/or Linux.

If you really want to try to use Lakka (not recommended) you're best bet is to compile Attract-Mode on a similar Linux build (without the limitations) and then port/move the files to your Lakka build.

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 10:17:57 PM »
Did you even read my post?

Yup. Thats why i posted the guide i made to have a quick system with what i wanted. I asked the same question even in the lakka forums and they had not a clue. Did you even read my guide?

johnodon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 04:56:51 AM »
Yup. Thats why i posted the guide i made to have a quick system with what i wanted. I asked the same question even in the lakka forums and they had not a clue. Did you even read my guide?

"I'm building an arcade cabinet and I'm plannaing on using an old PC rather than a raspberryPI"

Your guide is for Pi only, correct?

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 06:05:39 AM »

"I'm building an arcade cabinet and I'm plannaing on using an old PC rather than a raspberryPI"

Your guide is for Pi only, correct?

Oh, shit. Why you mention the raspberry pi then? Install some other normal linux distro? Can use GroovyArcade. Find on byoac forum.

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2019, 10:52:34 AM »
In a Pi you do not emulate the wii neither with Dolphin nor with Whale :)

And for the Pi, it's best to use Raspbian lite, Attract-Mode and RetroArch. But forget about Dolphin. The Pi is not an F1. On the pi, nothing higher than Nintendo 64 will work properly for you.

I installed AM in Lakka, but i prefer Raspbian Lite + Attract-Mode, it goes better in Pi 3B+. If you follow Keil's tutorials it will be easy for you to do it.
Nacer a los 15 años Una novela de iOtero