Author Topic: show only the roms that are in the folder, with the complete and possible list?  (Read 2953 times)

manzarek

• View Profile
    • YouTube
example I have the complete Sony playstation romlist, but in the folder I don't have all the complete games that I have in the romlist, so how to display only the ones that are in the folder?
Mame Fighting

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Regenerate romlist? Create tag list and filter?

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
example I have the complete Sony playstation romlist, but in the folder I don't have all the complete games that I have in the romlist, so how to display only the ones that are in the folder?

Create a global filer
Code: [Select]
        global_filter
                rule                 FileIsAvailable equals 1

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
just to thought it out,   if you just scrape the rom folder it should make a new romslist with only those roms in it.

how is it you would have a romlist for roms you dont have,  just seems odd,,, 

best a luck.,
help a friend....

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
just to thought it out,   if you just scrape the rom folder it should make a new romslist with only those roms in it.

how is it you would have a romlist for roms you dont have,  just seems odd,,, 

best a luck.,

A lot of folks like to use the HyperSpin.xml database files and convert them to AttractMode (and other frontends). This will give you a no-intro romlist with details without having to use thegamesdb.org (or other internet source). Then people like to fill the games in without having to actually delete them from the romlist because they don't want to see the games they don't have and can't play. When they get each new rom and add it, the game just magically shows up with all the correct information. No scraping or rebuilding of the romlist is needed.

This makes a lot of sense for people who are starting in emulation or don't have a large/complete rom library. It doesn't provide much benefit if your rom collection isn't changing a lot.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 05:23:27 PM by progets »

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
ahh that makes sence.....i did not know this thank you
help a friend....

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
ahh that makes sence.....i did not know this thank you

I think I know a lot about AttractMode but learn new things about it all the time. There's great development which adds new features but there are many things that exist (for a long time) and get overlooked because nobody talks about them. One of these features is the command line import feature that makes any of this possible.

FYI - If you want to see the new features as they come out look at the commits on github.com https://github.com/mickelson/attract/commits/master
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 12:38:50 AM by progets »

manzarek

• View Profile
    • YouTube

Create a global filer
        global_filter

this worked.  ;)

Can you confirm that this filter is used to not show games that contain multiple disks, example disk 1 disk 2 disk 3, or is used with games that have the same name? example AeroWings - AeroWings 2
filter               All
              rule                 CloneOf not_equals .*
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 02:49:10 AM by manzarek »
Mame Fighting

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Create a global filer
        global_filter

this worked.  ;)

Can you confirm that this filter is used to not show games that contain multiple disks, example disk 1 disk 2 disk 3, or is used with games that have the same name? example AeroWings - AeroWings 2
filter               All
              rule                 CloneOf not_equals .*

No, that isn't what that filter is designed to do. It's mainly designed to not show various versions of the same games (mostly with MAME).

Options for what you're trying to do...
Manually modify your romlists to filter these things out by filling in the "CloneOf" field.
Create playlists for games that have multiple disc.
Use .pbp files for these games which only uses one file that contains all the discs for a game.

manzarek

• View Profile
    • YouTube
thank you very much.  :D
Mame Fighting