Author Topic: OlRoom Theme Released (Full theme on 2nd page) (Thanks for Ptiwee for codding)  (Read 136295 times)

myriadgamers

• View Profile
I actually really liked this concept and decided to create my own graphics using your theme. So I figured I can share them here.
Arcade Machine 1:
AMD 8350 black 4ghz 8 Cores
20 gigs of DDR 3 Ram
500 gb SSD
4 tb Storage drive

myriadgamers

• View Profile
More backgrounds
Arcade Machine 1:
20 gigs of DDR 3 Ram
500 gb SSD
4 tb Storage drive

myriadgamers

• View Profile
Last one
Arcade Machine 1:
20 gigs of DDR 3 Ram
500 gb SSD
4 tb Storage drive

takoni

• View Profile
I am working in a variation of this AM too, i like very much the style, i am searching a solution in AM to make the layout change light with hour of the day, any help will be wellcome ;)

takoni

• View Profile
By the way.. here is the original inspiration, MGalaxy Frontend. It is made in Unity.

placebo_yue

• sup
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
I added suport for CRT filters using the shader module, i know it's no big deal but i'd share it if anyone is interested.
Besides that i pretty much kept the original theme (i made a custom background that looks like my childhood home and TV but i doubt anyone wants that).

I'm interested in making some sort of ambience lightning based on the snap. Anyone did something like that? I suppose i would make a mask for the background, and then use a very blurred version of the video to shed some light and color. With "add" blending if possible. I don't really know what im talking about, i could do it on photoshop but is it doable on a .nut file?

placebo_yue

• sup
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: OlRoom Theme
« Reply #141 on: July 14, 2019, 10:24:09 PM »
i went ahead and made my custom PSX theme
https://www.mediafire.com/file/964et8apmle92st/OlRoom_PSX.zip/file

Check out what i added:
  • CRT shader on the screen
  • subtle color glow on the whole room
  • support for boxart (flat, 3D and CD/cart)
All those can be disabled on the layout options.

To use this glow thing you'll have to modify the bloomMultipass shader on your shader module, instructions are on the layout.nut file, right on top.
If you know how, make a parameter that can be set on the layout instead. I tried making some sort of "alphaValue" parameter to avoid modifying the actual shader (beyond creating the variable/parameter, duh) but i could not. I don't really get shaders so i did my best.

Of course feel free to replace my ugly enviroment with whatever you want, it's just editing the background you already have same way i did with mine. I kept the screen in the same spot as the original theme (based this on the MegaDrive one) so no coding required for replacing.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 10:26:05 PM by placebo_yue »