Author Topic: [download] NEVATO theme  (Read 287176 times)

tj0390

• View Profile
Re: [download] NEVATO theme
« Reply #315 on: September 15, 2017, 05:24:05 PM »
I looked at a lot of front ends and themes and AM with Nevato was by far my favorite. Nice work. I set everything up on my main computer, Win 7 Pro, and everything worked great. I copied everything over to another Win 7 Pro machine that is going to be the cab machine. Everything works expect the selected item in the wheel disappears. I attached a screen shot. I tried setting everything up from scratch but had the same issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tinkered with the nut file and fixed the issue.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 10:44:26 PM by tj0390 »

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 21, 2017, 11:23:43 AM »
open up layout.nut file in text editor
Find commented lines similar to this:

fe.layout.width = 1024;
fe.layout.height = 768;

And change them to look like above code (remove the comment and change the resolution to 1024x768, not yours 1024x600).
It should work.

Sorry for taking a long time to answer you, but I've been busy with other things. Work, blessed work...  :D
Until today I have not been able to verify...
Thanks for the help, WORKS!!!!.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 12:21:40 PM by zlagos »
Nacer a los 15 años Una novela de iOtero

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #317 on: November 24, 2017, 08:05:17 AM »
No problem. Next version should have more "fuzzy" logic when detecting screen size :D

slickturtle_gamer

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 13, 2017, 04:05:18 PM »
Great work Verion!

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #319 on: December 13, 2017, 05:49:09 PM »
Thanks!

djlunchbox

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 09, 2018, 04:49:13 PM »
Hello all, before I search the thread can anyone help me in figuring out how to get Nevato have both a video snap and a custom flyer to change when selecting a system?

Similar to this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH0CgZnlr6c

Thanks in advance!

beakerman80

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 14, 2018, 05:45:47 PM »
default background image is set for the "fanart" folder

default of image or video to show in/on the arcade screen is set for the "snap" folder

« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 05:48:29 PM by beakerman80 »

insert_coins

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 28, 2018, 08:26:57 AM »
Anyone know why the Nevato theme is not defaulting over to the arcade/wheel menu, but instead stuck in the simple list view? I have all my paths and art set up correctly (as far as I can tell). This is my first time running it. Thanks! Screenshot attached.

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #323 on: July 30, 2018, 02:33:53 AM »
It's the "safe mode" of AM.
Run AM from console (terminal, command line) and you'll see what is a problem.

Usually it means that there is something wrong with your setup.
Possible cause is that you are using an old integrated graphics and the texture resolution is too big for it to handle.
Search this topic for low-res version of this theme - or simply resize all theme graphics to 50%.

insert_coins

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 30, 2018, 08:48:05 AM »
Thanks for the follow-up Verion. Much appreciated. However, I am not seeing a command line. I'm running the PC version on a Windows 7 machine. I checked the settings, and the "hide console" is set to no. So not sure if that's what you mean. Plus, would this kind of resolution problem be applicable on a non-Pi machine (since I'm running a very powerful rig with lots of updated gaming hardware). I'm Googling the PC version but don't see any inputs to bring up the command line. Any thoughts?

Dallinj

• Clueless and Proud.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 31, 2018, 09:14:30 PM »
Not sure if Verion is around much, but does anyone know how to disable/shorten the marquee fade-in effect? When you move through games, the marquee takes half a second to "fade-in", and, although it looks really slick, it adds an extra layer of delay that I'd rather avoid.

Favdeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 31, 2018, 10:39:42 PM »
Thanks for the follow-up Verion. Much appreciated. However, I am not seeing a command line.
Verion said to run AM from console, i.e. from the Windows console in your case. Search the web for "windows command line" to find many websites with instructions how to start and use it. In the console, navigate to your AM folder, start AM, and exit it immediately. It should show messages like these in the console:
Code: [Select]
Starting Attract-Mode v2.2.1-50 (Linux)
Warning: Attract-Mode was compiled to look for its default configuration files in: /usr/local/share/attract/, which is not available.
Config: /home/user/.attract/attract.cfg

*** Initializing display: 'nevato'
 - Loaded master romlist 'mame' in 391 ms
 - Constructed 5 filters in 91 ms
 - Loaded layout: /home/user/.attract/layouts/nevato/ (layout.nut)
You can post the output here in a code box (mark the text and press the "#" button in the forum's editor) so that others can look for hints about your problem.

I'm using the Linux version of AM, but the Windows version shouldn't be much different in that regard, I presume.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 10:46:37 PM by Favdeacon »

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #327 on: August 01, 2018, 03:17:06 AM »
does anyone know how to disable/shorten the marquee fade-in effect? When you move through games, the marquee takes half a second to "fade-in", and, although it looks really slick, it adds an extra layer of delay that I'd rather avoid.

open "layout.nut" file
go to the line 453 that says:
local marquee = FadeArt("marquee", blip*0.1032, blip*0.0763, blip*0.3984, blip*0.1349 );

change
FadeArt
to
fe.add_image

you should be ok - but I'm writing it without testing

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
« Reply #328 on: August 01, 2018, 03:23:14 AM »
I'm running a very powerful rig with lots of updated gaming hardware.

If your computer is half-decent, it's probably not a hardware problem - so you have to check console for errors (run AM from command line - aka cmd.exe - if that didn't change from my XP times when I last touched win/pc).

---

If you have another computer - try running AM with NEVATO.
Sometimes it's a particular system that causes trouble - so it's good to rule that out.

---

Also check if it's working ok with another theme - so you'll know if it's theme specific problem or specific to your setup.

Joe737

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 06, 2018, 07:52:00 PM »
Hi, I've narrowed down an issue I am having to the Nevato theme.  It happens in AM 2.3 and 2.4

When I press Enter to launch a MAME game, the screen flickers but doesn't launch.  The playcount ticks up one.  Other themes work.  The rompaths are correct, etc.  I'm wondering if there is other software needed in Windows to run it, like .net or directX? I am using a new, but not Windows Updated XP SP3 on a dual-core processor.  Works on one PC fine, but that XP is fully updated, thinking that's the issue. Any ideas?  Thanks!