Author Topic: Daphne / Dragon's Lair WORKING how do I incorporate it into MAME / Arcade Layout  (Read 11565 times)

pibuilder

• View Profile
So I think that certain layouts / pages with different emulators need not be separated. Especially to me Dragon's Lair is an Arcade Game & doesn't necessitate it's own layout aka a daphne screen. IMO Same thing with Neo Geo games etc... Any ways back on topic I'm looking to essentially get Dragon's Lair on my MAME Wheel / Arcade Layout Page thankfully Dragon's Lair is fully working within attract mode so that's huge!!

(Although Space Ace seems to want to load, goes to the screen and I get the BSOD as in Black Screen Of Death After the title/space ace logo, Dragon's Lair II BSOD aka black screen of death without anything else. The three of these games I simply transferred over from my PC / Hyperspin & all of those were working on that system, I got Dragon's Lair to work perfectly from a gameroom solution thread which can be found here & If this isn't already stickied or reworked worded for Attract Mode forums it should be as this was immensely helpful in getting the game to work within attract mode etc:

https://gameroomsolutions.com/setup-daphne-raspberry-pi-3-retropie/

It would be nice to get all three of those working, I'm confused as I followed the same method on all three !

Any ways really this threads focus is to be able to incorporate Dragon's Lair (Since that's all I have working of the three laser disc games) within my MAME / Arcade Layout using Daphne as it does now without needing to hop to another layout / daphne specific page.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Configure-->Emulators-->Generate Collection/Rom List = choose both your mame and your daphne systems and create the list giving it a name that you remember

Configure-->Displays--><your mame name>-->Collection/Rom List = your newly created combined romlist.

If you don't want to see the Daphne display when cycling through systems
Configure-->Displays--><your daphne name>-->Show in Cycle = No

If you want to hide certain daphne games from your newly combined list you can use the button you configured to edit games to hide these games from being display.
Configure-->Controls-->Edit Game = <your assigned key or button>

« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 11:05:12 PM by progets »

akafox

• View Profile
Gonna have to try that one..a lot easier than how i did it for sure!  ::)

I have my FBA daphne and mame roms in one list as well. It's a pain to do with Emulation station though. MUCH easier to do with Attract Mode..even though i did it the "hard way". Here's hoping the PI4 will allow AM to run silky smooth..I'm about done with the ES side of things..making it to where I can switch from ES to AM and back whenever I feel like it :D

I'm wanting to set up my PI not by system but genre..most that use my pi don't care about the system. Most just want a fighting game or puzzle game ect..but that is for a different thread...
People want life easy..then complain about it

pibuilder

• View Profile
Ultimately I ended up using the method at the bottom of this thread:
http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=2330.0 /  Reply #13... Easiest method for me anyways, without the need to rebuild lists or create new ones simply edit the arcade.cfg