Author Topic: What is the usage of fe.Monitor command?  (Read 2295 times)

BOXXMAN

• View Profile
What is the usage of fe.Monitor command?
« on: July 20, 2017, 09:43:13 PM »
There is very little documentation as to how you communicate with other monitors that I can find. In the documentation of layouts all it mentions is
#### `fe.Monitor` ####
This class represents a monitor in Attract-Mode, and provides the interface to the extra monitors in a multi-monitor setup. Instances of this class are contained in the fe.monitors array. This class cannot otherwise be instantiated in a script.

Ok, so how do you implement this in a layout? Can you classify monitors as 1,2,3, ect, and send different artwork to each one? As it is, I have multiple monitors enabled, and fill screen mode. Like this, I can have a large layout that spans two monitors, and my layout displays marquees and game info on the secondary, which is nice. It gives the appearance that you have two separate displays running, but in reality it is just one extended display. However, the images on the secondary monitor won't hold after you launch a game, since AM suspends itself and turns the secondary monitor white after a game is launched. So, does anyone know if you can have multiple monitors running separately from each other rather than just an extended desktop?

wrybread

• View Profile
Re: What is the usage of fe.Monitor command?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 12:51:47 PM »
I thought I'd give this a bump since I'm trying to do the same thing. Does anyone have any theory about how to draw things on monitor 2?