Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 548453 times)

dark1973

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 5.6 [Release] Updated 20 September 2019
« Reply #600 on: September 22, 2019, 03:14:51 AM »
Ciao. Ho trovato un bug. se inserisco le immagini di sfondo (main e history), andando sulla schermata history l'immagine main non sparisce

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #601 on: September 22, 2019, 03:53:47 AM »
Ciao. Ho trovato un bug. se inserisco le immagini di sfondo (main e history), andando sulla schermata history l'immagine main non sparisce

Giusto, perché se l'immagine di sfondo della galleria ha una trasparenza, sotto si vede l'immagine di sfondo principale... non ci avevo pensato, un bel problema. Credo che la soluzione migliore sia inserire dei veri e propri overlay, lasciando la gestione sfondi così com'è. Ci guardo...

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #602 on: September 22, 2019, 04:39:44 AM »
Starting to test version 5.6 :)

Could I release a new version without breaking the displays menu mode? Of course not :D Please try the attached layout.nut, it should fix the issue you see when starting in displays menu mode.

ahah :D Main issue seem to be solved, thx again. :)

Noticed one thing regarding the starting counter on both display menu mode and games. You can see the list number starts at zero instead of 1. I guess the logical way would be for the counting to start at 1?

Another small thing just saw. Even with option to display system name to off, some systems like Amiga and others still show the system anyway.  :o

PS: First test with 5.6 on systems lists gave me a blue screen of death when scrolling on a smaller one  :o but that seemed to be a random computer thing for now. :)

PS2: Tried to put here 2 small attachments to example the issues but forum is giving me errors for now.
"An Error Has Occurred!
The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator."

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #603 on: September 22, 2019, 07:17:29 AM »
Noticed one thing regarding the starting counter on both display menu mode and games. You can see the list number starts at zero instead of 1. I guess the logical way would be for the counting to start at 1?

Another small thing just saw. Even with option to display system name to off, some systems like Amiga and others still show the system anyway.  :o

Replicated both issues, both should be fixed in attached beta version. Thanks again for your debug help!

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 22, 2019, 02:54:15 PM »

Replicated both issues, both should be fixed in attached beta version. Thanks again for your debug help!

Thank you so much for the beta version, it fixed both issues. :) And glad to help in anyway I can. :)

rand0m

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 5.4 [Release] Updated 5 September 2019
« Reply #605 on: September 23, 2019, 12:24:13 AM »
on-the-fly sort order change,      bring it on,      please make it into a module!    ;D

Right now I have a demo layout where the fe.list is copied into a new array, the array can be sorted by some of the game data (manufacturer, year, title etc) and next/prev letter/year/manufacturer are created on the flight.

When the user changes games or goes to prev/next letter this "fake" list is used instead of the standard one, so new magic tokens are needed to manage game data, and when a game is launched the fe.list.index is updated according to the current fake list game. I think if the fe.list.index is updated each time the user changes games on the fake list, standard magic token could be used.

The problem now is transition callback: since games are not in the right order, the "var" value is completely incorrect. A good idea would be to define a global "fakevar" to use in the transition instead of the actual "real" var. Could work... gonna play with it

Sort Value has been added today > https://github.com/mickelson/attract/issues/558, I have not tested it yet but I think we should be able to directly call sort value with desired parameter now (Year, Player etc). Wonderful work with this theme btw :)

dark1973

• View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 23, 2019, 12:50:48 AM »

Giusto, perché se l'immagine di sfondo della galleria ha una trasparenza, sotto si vede l'immagine di sfondo principale... non ci avevo pensato, un bel problema. Credo che la soluzione migliore sia inserire dei veri e propri overlay, lasciando la gestione sfondi così com'è. Ci guardo...

Se l'aggiunta di overlay è problematica, secndo me puoi lasciare stare per ora. Ho risolto inserendo per l'history un'immagine senza trasparenza. L'effetto finale è bellissimo. ciao

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 5.4 [Release] Updated 5 September 2019
« Reply #607 on: September 23, 2019, 12:56:22 AM »
Sort Value has been added today > https://github.com/mickelson/attract/issues/558, I have not tested it yet but I think we should be able to directly call sort value with desired parameter now (Year, Player etc). Wonderful work with this theme btw :)

I just saw the commit, but as far as I can tell, this is not related to changing the sort order of an existing game list from the layout. The change allows you to read the "sort key" from game data, for example if the game is Golden Axe from 1992 made by Sega and the sort order is "by Year", the game_info sort value is "1992". That's a nice addition (I asked for that myself) I have to see if it allows me to simplify part of my code :)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #608 on: September 23, 2019, 12:58:10 AM »
Se l'aggiunta di overlay è problematica, secndo me puoi lasciare stare per ora. Ho risolto inserendo per l'history un'immagine senza trasparenza. L'effetto finale è bellissimo. ciao

Per ora sto risolvendo tutti i piccoli nuovi bug della 5.6, magari la versione 5.7 la rilascio semplicemente come bugfix, e per le nuove feature aspetto la prossima... Hai un paio di screenshot da caricare? Sto ripulendo gli attach di questo thread eliminando i miei più vecchi perché pare che lo spazio di upload fosse pieno :D

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #609 on: September 24, 2019, 01:39:02 AM »

Ho fatto un po' di modifiche... ora praticamente gli sfondi, anche semitrasparenti, della history e principale sono indipendenti e uno dovrebbe coprire comunque l'altro. dovrebbe risolvere il tuo problema, se hai tempo e vuoi provare questo layout beta, la cosa che più mi interessa è (a parte se funziona :D) se c'è un degrado nelle performance (lo sto testando su una scheda che rallenta solo a risoluzioni sopra 6400x4800 quindi è poco significativo)

dark1973

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 24, 2019, 05:46:39 AM »
provo e ti faccio sapere

arthurvalenca

• View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 24, 2019, 03:54:54 PM »
zpaolo11x t his version 5.6 of AF was a show here worked everything perfect thanks for your work and for sharing this beautiful theme.  :)

arthurvalenca

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 24, 2019, 04:10:29 PM »
I would like to give you an idea, in the description menu of the games, could have a text scrolling up automatic would look spectacular, it's just an idea.

dark1973

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 26, 2019, 05:30:21 AM »
provo e ti faccio sapere

Nessun rallentamento all'apparenza (ho un i5 2500k e una gtx970) sto tra i 108-113fps. rallenta un po' quando parte il video (circa 80)

8bitsdeep

• View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 30, 2019, 01:22:24 PM »
This is truly incredible theme. Bravo, zpaolo11x, for this impressive feat.

I have one question. How hard would it be to alter the direction the grid flows?  I'd love to use this, but I find the way the grid is ordered somewhat bizarre.

Currently, it seems to flow like this:
Code: [Select]
1  3  5  7
2  4  6  8
<-- (scrolling horizontally) -->

This would feel much more intuitive to me:
Code: [Select]
1  2  3  4     ^
5  6  7  8     v
(scrolling vertically)

Apologies if this has been addressed somewhere, but this is one huge thread.