Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 548381 times)

Enkak

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 5.2 [Release] Updated 16 August 2019
« Reply #540 on: August 21, 2019, 02:41:30 AM »
Looks good :) And definitely better now on the new print instead of the other one without anything on top of the screenshot. Maybe the no logos/wheel art on top of the screenshots/snaps can be an extra theme option.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #541 on: August 21, 2019, 04:39:02 PM »
Still evolving the idea of custom titles, I'm using a fixed width font now, revised word wrap routine and added a trick so that titles with few letters per line are larger than longer titles. Starts to look pretty good :D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 06:41:51 AM by zpaolo11x »

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 22, 2019, 04:38:05 AM »
Agree, starting to look very good for when you don't have logos. :)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #543 on: August 24, 2019, 04:09:23 AM »
Regarding the xml list for Amiga, try this one attached. :)

Enkak, regarding the list you shared, where can I find snapshots that match? I got snaps from emumovies but, for example, Prince Of Persia is "v3.0" while in your snap it's 3.1 so it doesn't match... The list from Hyperspin matches but there's no manufacturer info

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 24, 2019, 07:09:39 AM »
That's the main big problem regarding Amiga lists. :(

Many games have few different versions and some lists reflect that, depending if they are older or newer. It's almost impossible to have a unified Amiga list because of it. :( So the only way is really editing manually the lists to reflect the games and media that you have. Or editing manually the media files from sites like emumovies to reflect the game file name that you got.

For example, just checked 2 sites that have Amiga files. First one normally has more recent versions and Prince Of Persia there is "v3.1". On the other site, they usually have older versions and the names reflect older hyperspin list names, so Prince Of Persia there is "v3.0".
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 07:11:47 AM by Enkak »

Jate

• View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 27, 2019, 07:13:42 AM »
Congratulations, you have done an amazing job with this theme.

I wanted to make a comment:

I want to put an image as a background (in "custom bg image") but if I want to use this theme as a Display Menu and General Menu, the position of the text is not the same and it looks bad. Can't I use a background image for the Display Menu and a different one for the General Menu?

In Display Menu

In General

And one detail, the counter that exists, in the menu display has no separation line

Thanks

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #546 on: August 27, 2019, 07:24:29 AM »
I want to put an image as a background (in "custom bg image") but if I want to use this theme as a Display Menu and General Menu, the position of the text is not the same and it looks bad. Can't I use a background image for the Display Menu and a different one for the General Menu?

Of course this is something I can add in the next release but I'm wondering if the difference in the position is due to the different number of thumbnails... In your screenshots the layout is in "1-row small thumbs" for the main layout, and in "1-row" for the displays menu. I'll check the code and let you know...

And one detail, the counter that exists, in the menu display has no separation line

Gotta check it out, I think that's still related to the different rows, can you share the Arcadeflow layout settings you are using so I can replicate?

[EDIT] Ok, just replicated the issue: the "1-row small thumbnails" mode raises the scrollbar area, so if you mix and match this mode with others (2 rows etc) it won't fit. Sadly in displays mode "1- row with thumbnails" is not available but I'll add it in the next release. That would make the different background not needed anymore

« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 07:30:21 AM by zpaolo11x »

Jate

• View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 27, 2019, 07:53:23 AM »
I see it...

Thanks, That would be perfect.  :D

alucard

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 27, 2019, 11:34:09 PM »
Tank you for this amazing theme.
You have pushed Attract-Mode to a new level!

I would suggest to anyone to batch processing covers and snaps, for example with ImageStone, to limit width to max 350px (and optionally convert to jpg). The average result size is 40KB, without visible degradation. In this way display switch is fast and scrolling is very smooth.

Grazie ancora zpaolo11x, sei un grande!  ;)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #549 on: August 28, 2019, 12:37:23 AM »
I would suggest to anyone to batch processing covers and snaps, for example with ImageStone, to limit width to max 350px (and optionally convert to jpg). The average result size is 40KB, without visible degradation. In this way display switch is fast and scrolling is very smooth.

This is a good advice, but not for mame snaps: keep them at their nominal resolution which should be the actual pixel resolution of the game, so all crt shaders will work fine.

Another trick would be to use a ramdisk but that's not suitable if you have many box arts ;)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 5.3 [Release] Updated 28 August 2019
« Reply #550 on: August 28, 2019, 07:32:15 AM »
Arcadeflow 5.3 is out! Many new features and subtle changes, hope you enjoy it!

Added even more manufacturer icons, a new visual tag indicator, generation of title artwork when missing and lots of fixes. Also, 1-row with small thumbnails is now available in Displays Menu mode, while the "standard" display menu has a new scrolling routine.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 06:42:29 AM by zpaolo11x »

arthurvalenca

• View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 30, 2019, 05:20:05 AM »
Hello, I have a little problem, when I select Labellist the system skips letters forward, but not coming back the letters can only move forward and not back the letters, I also noticed that the letter "Q" is repeating 2x, please check . in the previous version it was normal.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 05:28:10 AM by arthurvalenca »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #552 on: August 30, 2019, 05:35:46 AM »
Hello, I have a little problem, when I select Labellist the system skips letters forward, but not coming back the letters can only move forward and not back the letters, I also noticed that the letter "Q" is repeating 2x, please check . in the previous version it was normal.

This is usually caused by some issue in the routine that pulls the first letter from the game name... you say it worked in version 5.2? Or do you know precisely in which version it works?
Also, if you could run attract-console.exe and paste or send me the output it would be helpful to catch the bug.

arthurvalenca

• View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 30, 2019, 07:26:08 AM »
yes in version 5.1 it works normally, i can jump the letters back and forth normally, the letters also become normal and not duplicate.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 09:48:20 AM by arthurvalenca »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #554 on: August 30, 2019, 08:02:38 AM »
yes in version 5.2 it works normally, i can jump the letters back and forth normally, the letters also become normal and not duplicate.

Ok, I'll look into it, I didn't think I changed something in the letter jump routine, but who knows :D Anyway, in 5.3 when you jump letters, you get error messages in the console?

[EDIT] Also it would be very helpful to have your romlist, you can find it in attract mode folder in the romlist subfolder, that would allow me to replicate a situation similar to yours...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 08:25:59 AM by zpaolo11x »