Author Topic: Got a problem with a couple of roms that won't appear  (Read 2204 times)

mekon

• View Profile
Got a problem with a couple of roms that won't appear
« on: December 26, 2017, 02:18:24 PM »
I'm running a RP3, took the arcade v3 MB pack from Retromaniacus and dragged and dropped over Winscp into the arcade folder. Haven't messed with any settings, so far great, everything seems great until I notice one of favourite games is missing and another one is the japanese language version.

First things first, I download the correct rom and it's listed in the gamelist.xml that came with the pack (wonderboy in monster land - wbmlb.zip) and listed in the emulators.cfg (0.78 version to be launched by Mame2003) and the arcade.txt in the romlists. 

For the other rom , Tokio, I look in rom directory and it's there, it's referenced in the emulators.cfg, its mentioned in the gamelist.xml that came with the games, it's mentioned in arcade.txt.

Both won't show up so I generate a new file list....they show up and work but now I'm seeing the listing in zip file name rather than game. I set a path to reference the mame.xml that with the Motion Blue V5 image and generate again....back into name order but the games I want won't show up again?

What am I doing wrong? What am I not pointing to where? At this rate I may just put the games in a Mame folder, add them to favourite and then hide the MAME folder (using arcade folder to try and keep things tidy)

mekon

• View Profile
Re: Got a problem with a couple of roms that won't appear
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 12:49:29 AM »
Ok, solved this myself ;D

I was looking for something too complicated.....I just needed to turn off the clone filter. Doh!

All games displaying and in title order now. Hopefully nobody is wastes as much time on this as I just did!

kaptainsteve

• View Profile
Re: Got a problem with a couple of roms that won't appear
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 11:29:02 AM »
Where do you turn on or off the clone filter?
Thanks.
Steve