Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 547890 times)

Enkak

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 4.6 [Release] Updated 24 May 2019
« Reply #420 on: June 06, 2019, 04:20:48 AM »
I will try that option of low resolution in the older computer later. Probably it needs some driver update too now that you say that about the glsl filters. :)

Sorry about the suggestion of "Overview" option for consoles ;D

I guess 4.6 was a big "radical change" in many ways and normally that introduces some possible bugs but hopefully a learning step for next version. :) 4.5 still running with no problems on main computer, seems very stable. :)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #421 on: June 06, 2019, 04:51:55 AM »
I guess 4.6 was a big "radical change" in many ways and normally that introduces some possible bugs but hopefully a learning step for next version. :) 4.5 still running with no problems on main computer, seems very stable. :)

It would be a learning step if I was able to track down what is causing the problem :( I'll give myself some more time to test, and if I can't come up with an explanation I'll throw 4.6 in the trash and go back to 4.5 (and rewrite box art mode again LOL)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #422 on: June 07, 2019, 05:46:29 AM »
4.5 still running with no problems on main computer, seems very stable. :)

Could you please try this layout.nut and tell me if it works and if it's robust? This is a 4.5 layout I'm changing step by step to incorporate 4.6 functionality. As it is it SEEMS to work flawlessly on my PC (no crashes)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #423 on: June 07, 2019, 06:26:28 AM »
Keeping my fingers crossed but it seems I found the culprit: a glsl shader assignment to the history page surface was doing some mess, don't know if the issue is in the assignment or in the shader itself, but I already found a workaround.

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 07, 2019, 10:55:57 AM »
I tried in a isolated build and for now seems to be working good as systems menu. :) But it doesn't have the Displays menu option and boxart switch yet correct?

Or do you want me to mix this test layout in the 4.5 build?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #425 on: June 09, 2019, 04:03:47 AM »
So i was messing around with the different options.  I didn't even realize you could do a single row until Enkak mentioned it earlier.  It's great...except for one fact:  you can only have 3 games showing at one time.  What that means, is all the pictures are gigantic.  Is it possible to have 5 games on the screen for a single row, the same way a double row would look?

Is this something you would like? I raised the scrollbar a bit, maybe I'll lower the title a bit too...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 06:36:51 AM by zpaolo11x »

dukpoki

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 09, 2019, 07:28:41 PM »
Is this something you would like? I raised the scrollbar a bit, maybe I'll lower the title a bit too...

Yup!  That looks great!  Maybe just shrink the game title a bit though.  The lower bar looks great and perfect the way it is.  At the end of the day, make it how you like it.  If anything, I could always play with the text size in the layout nut i'm sure.

P.s  Now that I think of it.  I would say System and Filter are pretty important info to have for anyone with multiple consoles/displays I would think.  I would try adding those too!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 07:40:00 PM by dukpoki »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #427 on: June 10, 2019, 04:30:19 AM »
P.s  Now that I think of it.  I would say System and Filter are pretty important info to have for anyone with multiple consoles/displays I would think.  I would try adding those too!

Well System is already present: it's in the smaller line under the game title. I'll add back the filters data, maybe in a different place instead of the bottom.
I've almost finished polishing 4.7, hopefully it will be less a disaster than 4.6 :D

dukpoki

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 10, 2019, 07:07:40 PM »
Well System is already present: it's in the smaller line under the game title. I'll add back the filters data, maybe in a different place instead of the bottom.
I've almost finished polishing 4.7, hopefully it will be less a disaster than 4.6 :D

Okay good luck!

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 4.7 [Release] Updated 12 June 2019
« Reply #429 on: June 12, 2019, 03:35:47 AM »
Arcadeflow 4.7 is out, mostly to get rid of bad bugs in 4.6! Please let me know it works as expected :D

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 12, 2019, 07:58:19 AM »
ah just saw it, forum didn't send me the usual email notification. -_- Time to test and will let you know later.  :D

dukpoki

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 12, 2019, 09:39:00 AM »
Okay so there's still bugs in this version, unfortunately.  I have recorded some videos to help show what I'm encountering.  Please note that all of these bugs were also happening back in the 4.6 version.

Video 1
You can see in this video, that I load up AM and it goes straight into PS1 display.  From there, I open up the "Displays Menu" (note that the actual list is not centered), and select Arcade.  It loads Arcade games, but has mixed it in with the pictures of the last display which was the PS1.  If you look closely, you can see that the Fatal Fury Special wheel is over Need for Speed 3's screenshot, etc.  I scroll left and right, and the wheels disappear (?).  Once I scroll even further across right, you can see boxart/flyers pop up for some Arcade games, starting with Garou Mark of the Wolves (screenshots with boxarts?).   I'll also note, that this is a new fresh attract.cfg with no changes to any layout options i.e. it's all at default settings.

Video 2
In this second video, it's mostly the same problems as the last video but the big takeaway is at the end.  First I start off in Arcade display, then go to Sony Playstation 2, which loads fine, it's defaulted into boxart.  Then i go to Sony Playstation 1, and it loads fine, but it's defaulted to snaps (?).  Then finally, I go back to Arcade, and there is a random SNES boxart (3 ninja's kickback) there over what seemingly should be Fatal Fury 3 (arcade)!  What? lol

Question.  When I go to Layout Options I see one of the options being "Show boxart or flyer mode" and the choices are "Yes" or "No".  What does that mean.  Also it's set to No by default.  How does this play a role in some systems being in boxart mode, like PS2 and arcade but then you have some systems like the ps1 in screenshot mode?  I'm assuming this is a bug?

I'm so sorry that there's still problems which persist with this version.  I'm sure you worked hard on it and have endured a lot of headache trying to squash these bugs.  I'm taking my time to record videos to help out much as possible to be detailed in portraying what's going on.  Hopefully you have an idea on what's going on/wrong.  Hey one good news though is there's no more crashing with this version like there was in 4.6!

Edit:  Oh and one more thing.  I don't see any option for "Small Thumbnails" in the Layout options.  If I switch "Rows in Horizontal" from 3 to 1 then I still get large 3 thumb rows. 

Edit2:  Just want to report that "Clean Layout" works and it looks GREAT!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 09:50:43 AM by dukpoki »

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 12, 2019, 10:18:08 AM »
After playing a little with the new version everything seems to be way more stable and with no crashes. Great job :)

The Display menu here is working good but normally I use the theme as display menu and not default menu so maybe this helps track some of the bugs that dukpoki found. Meanwhile I tried it also using the default menu instead but didn't encounter the same issues for now.

The only "major" bug that I've found for the moment is the video snaps sound not stopping when you change from one game to the next. I always put "on" the options of audio in videos in thumbs and history. In 4.5 it worked normal. Scroll to a game, screenshot goes out and video starts playing. Change to other game the sound of the one before stops and you only hear the video sound of your current selection. In 4.7 both in the games list or in the history panel, the sound of the game before doesn't stop when you scroll to other game.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #433 on: June 12, 2019, 02:05:17 PM »
Okay so there's still bugs in this version, unfortunately.  I have recorded some videos to help show what I'm encountering.  Please note that all of these bugs were also happening back in the 4.6 version.

Thank you for all the work you did with the videos! I hope I can help fixing these issues, let me some time to study them, and maybe I'll need your attract.cfg file to proper debug it. I never saw this issues in my tests with mixed romlists.

Question.  When I go to Layout Options I see one of the options being "Show boxart or flyer mode" and the choices are "Yes" or "No".  What does that mean.  Also it's set to No by default.  How does this play a role in some systems being in boxart mode, like PS2 and arcade but then you have some systems like the ps1 in screenshot mode?  I'm assuming this is a bug?

The setting "Show boxart or flyer mode" should be renamed because it's confusing: it's not a selection of boxart vs flyers, actually boxart and flyers are the same thing in AM. So despite the bad wording, if it's set to "Yes" then boxart (or flyers for arcade) are shown, if it's set to "No" then screenshots are shown. But this is just a "default" setting. Each display can have its own setting, just set a hotkey (by default Custom3) or use the utility menu to switch each display as you like it.

Oh and the non-centered displays menu is by design, the right portion of the screen should be artowrk put in the menu-art folder. I'll make an option to enlarge the menu if no artwork is needed.

Hey one good news though is there's no more crashing with this version like there was in 4.6!

Edit:  Oh and one more thing.  I don't see any option for "Small Thumbnails" in the Layout options.  If I switch "Rows in Horizontal" from 3 to 1 then I still get large 3 thumb rows. 

Good to know that at least crashes are no more! The small thumbnails is an option in Horizontal Rows: the option is now 1-Small, 1, 2, 3 and the first one is what you should set to see small thumbs

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #434 on: June 12, 2019, 02:08:12 PM »
After playing a little with the new version everything seems to be way more stable and with no crashes. Great job :)

It took me a week to find the single line of code that worked up to 4.5 but completely broke 4.6 LOL

The only "major" bug that I've found for the moment is the video snaps sound not stopping when you change from one game to the next. I always put "on" the options of audio in videos in thumbs and history. In 4.5 it worked normal. Scroll to a game, screenshot goes out and video starts playing. Change to other game the sound of the one before stops and you only hear the video sound of your current selection. In 4.7 both in the games list or in the history panel, the sound of the game before doesn't stop when you scroll to other game.

There's now a slow fade-out of the video instead of an abrupt stop, but I can't fade out the audio. I didn't check it (my bad) but maybe the old video keeps playing a bit longer and then stops? Or it never stops? I'll check the issue with the history page too, thank you for the heads up