Author Topic: Basic filtering questions.  (Read 5191 times)

Gryzor

• View Profile
Basic filtering questions.
« on: August 27, 2015, 07:31:21 AM »
Hi all,

Having set up my general Mame list, I now would like to have it seperated into a few specific genres using filters.

Using shooters as an example, I have tried setting up a basic filter with "Category equals Shooter / Flying Vertical" (I have tried it both as a Global Filter and a normal filter), which leaves me with an empty screen.

I figured the filtering definitions was gathered from the Mame-romlist file and therefore had a look at it, which confusingly showed me that categories is not included in my romlist.

Having seen other people use filters for their Mame lists with the category option, I was wondering if somebody can tell me what I am doing wrong?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 08:30:59 AM by Gryzor »

Gryzor

• View Profile
Re: Basic filtering questions.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 02:39:15 AM »
I figured I would give an example from my romlist to make the problem more understandable:

#Name;Title;Emulator;CloneOf;Year;Manufacturer;Category;Players;Rotation;Control;Status;DisplayCount;DisplayType;AltRomname;AltTitle;Extra
gamename;Game Name (Japan);mame;;1990;Irem;;2;270;joystick (8-way);good;1;raster;;;

As you can see "Manufacturer" is not included in the line that AttractMode creates for my romlist.

I am using a standard version of Mame, having added my rompath in the .ini file and set it up in Attract Mode.

Any help would be appriciated - thanks.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 06:11:28 AM »
I figured I would give an example from my romlist to make the problem more understandable:

#Name;Title;Emulator;CloneOf;Year;Manufacturer;Category;Players;Rotation;Control;Status;DisplayCount;DisplayType;AltRomname;AltTitle;Extra
gamename;Game Name (Japan);mame;;1990;Irem;;2;270;joystick (8-way);good;1;raster;;;

As you can see "Manufacturer" is not included in the line that AttractMode creates for my romlist.

The manufacturer is indeed listed. In fact your list seems just fine. If you want to have a "categories" you have to use a catver.ini in the Additional Import Files. Use a full path name to the file and the file name (ex. C:\mame\catver.ini or Linux $HOME/.mame/catver.ini). Then rebuild your list.

The catver.ini is here http://www.mameworld.info/
People want life easy..then complain about it

Gryzor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 03:12:31 AM »
Thanks once again for the help Akafox - this worked perfectly :)