Author Topic: ioamiga. Theme for Amiga Computers.  (Read 8113 times)

iOtero

• View Profile
ioamiga. Theme for Amiga Computers.
« on: October 04, 2018, 03:15:04 AM »
ioamiga. Theme for Amiga Computers.

I have created this simple system for the Commodore Amiga at the request of my friend Empardopo.

The background is the work of Toni Bratincevic and is like wallpaper on many websites. I tried to contact Bratincevic to ask for permission to use it, but i have not got it.

By the way, that wonderful image has a name: "16 Bit Memories"

It works in 4:3, 16:9 and 16:10. The layout checks the screen resolution and depending on it, loads some graphics or others and chooses the correct coordinates.
For my part I have checked it in 1440x900 and 1920x1200 (16:10), 1366x768 and 1920x1080 (16:9) and 1024x768 (4:3) and it works perfectly.

It has two list options:listbox and shuffle list.
I have also put the search system without keyboard and the option to align the lists to the left, right or center.
You can choose marquee or wheel for the superior art.
And finally there is another option to see more data of the games or just the basics.

Download:
https://mega.nz/#!L0VC3QxS!stpAKm4OtIPtl7CD-BDivoctmFOdo3ht4oz97pUG1Us

Screenshot:

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXKT4xms2hY
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 04:32:47 AM by iOtero »
Nacer a los 15 años Una novela de iOtero

Rataplan626

• View Profile
Re: ioamiga. Theme for Amiga Computers.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 12:54:48 PM »
Looks great! I really like themes that just list the games in text, rather than screenshots or videos. Good work here mate!

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 08:22:22 AM »
Looks great! I really like themes that just list the games in text, rather than screenshots or videos. Good work here mate!

Thanks... Thank you very much... but all the credit goes to Toni Bratincevic... for this beatiful background...  :-[

sosimple

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 03:10:40 AM »
Thanks for the beautiful theme. I tried in Samsung galaxy book 12 but it crashed because of the native resolution of 2160x1440.
Problem is solved by setting in the code: set_aspect = "16:10.666";

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 09:31:54 AM »
I'm glad you liked the theme, and thanks for the information. I will keep it in future versions.  8)

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 06:14:01 AM »
You can do whatever you want, as if you paint it green.

But i will tell you that what you have done i do not like.

The wheels give it a childish look.

Yaron2019

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 06:39:34 AM »

This is about childhood after all - at least for many of the people who lived through that era.

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2019, 12:38:30 PM »

This is about childhood after all - at least for many of the people who lived through that era.

Look, it has nothing to do with what one feels like as a person playing old games ...

If I had wanted my layout to have wheels I would have put them on. Or better, I would have used Hyperspin.

But what you have done is to distort my original design. And look, you didn't even have the idea to ask me before, right? Well, do what you want. You do not need my permission.

Well, thank you very much for everything.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 12:59:59 PM by iOtero »

Yaron2019

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2019, 01:10:36 PM »
Look, it has nothing to do with what one feels like as a person playing old games ...

If I had wanted my layout to have wheels I would have put them on. Or better, I would have used Hyperspin.

But what you have done is to distort my original design. And look, you didn't even have the idea to ask me before, right? Well, do what you want. You do not need my permission.

Wow, if it causes you so much pain it is not worth it. I am removing the ioamiga+ theme and will use the 16 bit memories wallpaper to create my own independent Amiga theme, which I will post in these forums in a future date.

asahendrix

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2019, 06:11:06 AM »

What design? You took a pre-made art background and added a list and snaps to it. Sure, you plotted the system logo, game count, etc. and tailored the list to the size and font that you like but at least you could have added the option for a wheel and had a list as the default.

Idk what the fuss is about. For what it’s worth, a list looks boring to me but I always add because I know that some people like it. A spin wheel looks over-the-top and in your face but I add that when the list/wheel area is on the right (has ANYBODY figured out how to add a spin wheel for the left side of the screen? Cause I’d add that too).

Don’t let me discourage you though. The world needs more layout creators and I appreciate what you’ve done here.

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2019, 12:00:50 PM »

What design? You took a pre-made art background and added a list and snaps to it. Sure, you plotted the system logo, game count, etc. and tailored the list to the size and font that you like but at least you could have added the option for a wheel and had a list as the default.

Idk what the fuss is about. For what it’s worth, a list looks boring to me but I always add because I know that some people like it. A spin wheel looks over-the-top and in your face but I add that when the list/wheel area is on the right (has ANYBODY figured out how to add a spin wheel for the left side of the screen? Cause I’d add that too).

Don’t let me discourage you though. The world needs more layout creators and I appreciate what you’ve done here.

Look, I'm not going to argue with you about what a design is or not. On the other hand, you think boring lists and to me wheels that seemed interesting to me now seem childish to me. Everyone has the right to give their opinions and do what they want and how they want. And I do that, what I want, and I don't have to explain it to anyone.

asahendrix

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2019, 03:02:40 PM »
If I came off as a curt, that was not my intention. I’m not into keyboard-warrior-internet-arguments either. I’m really just trying to be constructive.

I also want to reiterate that I appreciate you uploading your layout. Thank you. It’s not easy to put to together at times and other times it can be borderline maddening - so thank you for sharing it with us.