Author Topic: Conveyor_Helper Module for Themers: Updated - 11/28/2017  (Read 55514 times)

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
Re: Conveyor_Helper Module for Themers: Updated - 11/28/2017
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2017, 12:41:49 PM »
turn off the fade and let me know your results.

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2017, 07:09:39 PM »
cList.fade_selected = false;
or
cList.fade_selected = true;

is not making a difrence.

so then i slode it down a bit but same thing.."cList.ms_speed = 1250;"
but now it is easer to see..

youtube= https://youtu.be/8Z0pBCd99V4

if your not getting this ,,  then it's  got to be on my end
it would be nioce if more peaple were testing it to to get some feedback..but that will take some time.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 07:19:30 PM by jedione »
help a friend....

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2017, 08:34:44 PM »
this is what it looks like here: https://youtu.be/zNJ83-g52_4
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 08:45:06 PM by ArcadeBliss »

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2017, 12:21:57 AM »
@jedione & ArcadeBliss - I see the delay/hesitation/flicker/flash that jedione describes when using coverflow on my under powered lower resolution laptop. Jedione if you make your "flyer" artwork unavailable, the default settings switch to text with a generic background which doesn't have the same issue. Maybe a resolution problem? Hope this helps.

@ArcadeBliss - Please provide a generic (unbranded) wheel frame. I see your point on branding your code but it would be nice for us non-artistic types to be able to use it on our cabinets. Maybe default your code to your branded frame but also include an unbranded frame we can choose via the layout.nut options or file renaming.

@ArcadeBliss - Anyway to tie this into the layout design project here http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1729.0 ? It might be nice for non-coders.

@ArcadeBliss - Thanks for all of your work! It's great and I'm happy to see you active again on the forum.

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2017, 02:50:44 AM »
Here are my answers:

@jedione & ArcadeBliss - I see the delay/hesitation/flicker/flash that jedione describes when using coverflow on my under powered lower resolution laptop. Jedione if you make your "flyer" artwork unavailable, the default settings switch to text with a generic background which doesn't have the same issue. Maybe a resolution problem? Hope this helps.
AB: OK

@ArcadeBliss - Please provide a generic (unbranded) wheel frame. I see your point on branding your code but it would be nice for us non-artistic types to be able to use it on our cabinets. Maybe default your code to your branded frame but also include an unbranded frame we can choose via the layout.nut options or file renaming.
AB: you can use anything you want. just put the appropiate named png in your layouts folder and converyor_helper will use it. Look at page 8 of the readme for all file names e.g. to change the bezel the name of the file to put in your layout folder is: file: item_borderOverlay.png)

@ArcadeBliss - Anyway to tie this into the layout design project here http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1729.0 ? It might be nice for non-coders.
AB: Liquid and I are already talking in the chat server. I am helping him where I can - but he is a much better coder than I

@ArcadeBliss - Thanks for all of your work! It's great and I'm happy to see you active again on the forum.
AB: Thanks! good to be back!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 04:07:09 AM by ArcadeBliss »

BadFurDay

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2017, 02:53:30 PM »

I get this flicker of the previous wheel before it changes to the new one. From what I've noticed I think it is something in the fade doing this as it will only happen while the fade is still going. Once the fade is done and I move the wheel this doesn't happen. Also any update on getting the fade to work when the layout is loaded?

qqplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2018, 12:57:55 PM »
Messing with the next idea , create a "hyperspin-like" wheel who adds a diferent wheel background depending on wichi system is selected.
Also diferent fonts  :D

Can this be done in some way?

This is what I made for sega genesis with the basic layout:

Ok I get it :) I´ll post the code later
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 01:39:14 PM by qqplayer »

FrizzleFried

• View Profile
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2018, 01:24:04 PM »
FWIW... I've made a couple layouts (geared toward low-res arcade machines) using the cover-flow option of this mod...

You can see the result here...

First is my 2nd Neo-Geo theme... I figured the cover-flow option would work GREAT for mini marquees... I think I was right...

https://youtu.be/97vCLhusGS4

Next I wanted to see how the performance was using video snaps... well,  the results speaks for itself...

https://youtu.be/a8HSKWQr5zw

Visit my arcade blog ... www.idahogaragecade.com (updated 06-27-19)

qqplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2018, 01:40:27 PM »
FWIW... I've made a couple layouts (geared toward low-res arcade machines) using the cover-flow option of this mod...

You can see the result here...

First is my 2nd Neo-Geo theme... I figured the cover-flow option would work GREAT for mini marquees... I think I was right...

https://youtu.be/97vCLhusGS4

Next I wanted to see how the performance was using video snaps... well,  the results speaks for itself...

https://youtu.be/a8HSKWQr5zw

Love the neogeo theme , good job

UPDATE: Only can make the theme change the "Emulator" wheel background when I start the layout , this is what I made on the "conveyor_helper.nut"

Lines 1989 - 1990

Code: [Select]
filename = "fe.script_dir "+fe.game_info(Info.Emulator)+".png";
filename = (fileExist(filename)) ? filename :  amPath + "modules/conveyour_helper/"+fe.game_info(Info.Emulator)+".png";

So I need to check this everty time I change from one emulator to another.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 02:21:36 PM by qqplayer »

qqplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2018, 03:51:41 AM »
Anyone can help me to show "[Tittle]" always , not only when "artwork" "flyer" is missing?

UPDATE: I found a solution

Code: [Select]
setup_items.surface.objects[key].visible = true; // hide the original text located in setup_items.surface.container
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 08:02:00 AM by qqplayer »

joaopassarini

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2018, 08:09:21 AM »
Hi,

The flicker happens when you change to next/previous game whilst the fade transition time is not sitll completed.
Is this a bug?

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2018, 05:08:21 AM »
Hi,

The flicker happens when you change to next/previous game whilst the fade transition time is not sitll completed.
Is this a bug?

Well I do not know if it will be a bug or not, but it hurts the eyes.

It could not be fixed?
Nacer a los 15 años Una novela de iOtero

arthurvalenca

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2018, 11:46:24 AM »
Hello everyone, I have a question, I want to leave my list of games upside down as in the picture, does anyone have any idea how to do it?

help me please!

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2018, 12:37:51 PM »
maybe, put it on it's one surface, then do a rotate of the surface  like you can do with an image.
help a friend....

arthurvalenca

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2018, 01:05:46 PM »
maybe, put it on it's one surface, then do a rotate of the surface  like you can do with an image.

please talk about the code