Author Topic: configure fbneo  (Read 6089 times)

grendyzer

• c'est pas moi, c'est murphy.
    • View Profile
configure fbneo
« on: March 14, 2022, 06:34:15 AM »
Hi everyone, I can't get my parent roms detected when I select a game, so files are always missing, on retroarch it works though, thank you if you can help me.

bo gosse, intelligent, pas du tout dans son temps.

Mark Norville

• View Profile
Re: configure fbneo
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 06:40:23 AM »
You have asked that question twice now on different threads.

In forum terms that is called spamming.

Same question here : http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=3200.0

Not a good thing to do.

Post once and wait for someone to answer you

You have the Wiki on multiple discs, but I am not sure if that is what you need https://github.com/mickelson/attract/wiki/Multi-disk-games-and-subfolder-configurations

Regards

Mark
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 06:48:55 AM by Mark Norville »
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

Computer Specs : I7 3770K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Win 10
HD Specs : 1 x 1 TB SSD + 4 x 8 TB = 33 TB (fullish)
First system : ZX81 (Yes I am an old fart)
PS Network : MarkNorvile
Xbox : Mark Norville

grendyzer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 07:12:47 AM »
hello to you,
it's not spam, I searched and saw that the topic was not really on what I was looking for so in case I preferred to make a topic.
thanks to you

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 07:16:02 AM »
When you post the same question twice, one on another thread and then you start a new thread.

It is called SPAMMING

You did not even give anyone the chance to reply or help you before posting the same topic.

Regards

Mark
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

grendyzer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2022, 07:31:56 AM »
I found, the problem was that you had to put an acronym \ at the end of the rompath and there it detects all the roms, it's a beginner's mistake :-).

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2022, 07:43:39 AM »
Glad you are all sorted now, yes it is frustrating when you do something and you are screaming why is it not working, and then you check for the tenth time, and you see that you have made a typo lol

Another tip is once you have made a change to something, always exit AM and then relaunch it.

Some changes are made on the fly (instant), some changes need for you to back out of say Sega and then go back to Sega to see the changes.

However, I found certain changes you have to shut down the frontend and relaunch it, now I always shut down and relaunch it as standard, just so that I know it should be working.

Regards

Mark

JosephKorso

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2022, 08:22:35 AM »
I'm also having trouble with FBN.
It worked fine launching from AM before, but out of overnight, trying to start any ROM will prompt the "FBN is not supported in Arcade".
The FBN emulator alone is working absolutely fine on PC (Win7 64bit), but trying to start any game from AM it will always prompt that error.

I tried with de official FBN and the Fighcade FNB, both now won't work no matter what, driving me crazy.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2022, 09:06:49 AM »
You might find that it is the fightcade fbneo rather than AM.

The settings to get it launched from AM may have changed on the fightcade end of things.

So for example before you had the arguments as load fightcade fightcade might have done an update so load does not work any more so now you need [load] fightcade

E.G they have changed the cli command

Have you done an update recently to fightcade or however it works?

AM does not auto update and it does not change anything which is why I am saying that it is fightcade end rather than AM.

Regards

Mark
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 09:10:05 AM by Mark Norville »

JosephKorso

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2022, 09:45:11 AM »
Nope. No updates in here.
Both my computers got the error though and only one got internet connection to update fightcade version.
It seems a glitch or bug to me. But again, I'm completely uneducated concerning args and command lines.
It was giving me an array error before. After starting fresh from scratch it went away, but now no way to FBN or Fightcade FBN work properly.

What I've noticed is the the FBN windows show [no game loaded] at promptu for some reason.

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2022, 09:53:53 AM »
At the moment I have not touched fightcade, so I cannot say you need to do x,y and z.

However, you are using a front end to load a front end from what I saw of it. I had a brief look.

It also looks like it uses it's own emulators a bit like retro achievements do.

I presume that you are trying to load a rom, to get into fightcade?

So for example you want to load street fighter and then that loads into fightcade.

As I say though, AM does not change which is why really I am placing it onto fightcade or indeed it might be human error (E.G you) for not setting it up correctly.

*** Update ***

This gets worse and worse lol. I just had a look at the above screen shot from grendyzer

So you are using a front end to load another front end, and the arguments that he is using is showing that he is using a retroarch core to load up the front end of a front end to play a game. Phew

Confused? You won't be on this episode of Soap. Just for any youngsters ask your parents or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BHQT3Omqtw

So now you have either bad retroarch core as in it needs updating, bad fightcade those are the choices that I am going with as well as human error.

Regards

Mark
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 11:13:23 AM by Mark Norville »

JosephKorso

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2022, 11:12:33 AM »
I think people are not familiar with it to be honest.
When it is saying "Fightcade FBN", I mean it Final Burn Neo that comes along with the Fightcade, It's the same emulator, totally standalone installation from Fightcade itself.
It's not a frontend, it's an emulator you can play offline as any other out there. The real reason I'm using it instead of the conventional FBN it's because of the HardFX, or the shaders embedded on it, which are not present on conventional FBN anyway.

So nope, it's not a front end inside a front end.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 11:14:13 AM by JosephKorso »

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2022, 11:18:59 AM »
As I said before retro achievements https://retroachievements.org/

They use their own emulators, so as I am old and getting more and more confused here. Has to use some form of a custom front end to record fights as in https://www.fightcade.com/

Our main emulator is FightcadeFBNeo, built using modern FBNeo (0.2.97.44) with a custom and improved GGPO implementation and a better rendering core, making it the current best netplay implementation for rollback-based P2P online play. In layman terms, this means that demanding games in terms of input lag and responsiveness (such as fighting games) can be played over the internet with very little perceivable lag.

I swear I have the roms or something like that on my hard drive. Once I find out which one, I shall format the whole lot, this is already giving me a headache trying to keep up lol

Regards

Mark
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 11:22:19 AM by Mark Norville »

JosephKorso

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2022, 11:25:39 AM »
It's a different build for sure, but the emulator for arcade is the same FBN, with some flair, of course.
It is wise to differentiate official FBN from Fightcade FBN release cause it would be the main reason an error such as this would happen,
but the error is happening on both emulators, Final Burn Neo 1.0.0.2 and the Fightcade build.

Curious enough, after restarting from scratch on SNES, Genesis and PS1, no problem were found on launching from AM on Fusion, BSNES and Mednafen, what would probably be an glitch, since last week I was playing and testing both FBN, Fightcade and official from the fronet end.

I have no other options from here now if this emulator won't work anymore, being it for lack of the correct args or a glitch, I hardly think an extra layer of software, meaning reshade.me would do the job. My machine is not that powerful for standing a stack of processess, I guess.

Pity. It was working so smoothly last week.

Screenshot of the Final Burn Emulator inside Fightcade (inside the emulator everything works fine):

JosephKorso

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2022, 11:31:12 AM »
As I said before retro achievements https://retroachievements.org/

They use their own emulators, so as I am old and getting more and more confused here. Has to use some form of a custom front end to record fights as in https://www.fightcade.com/

Our main emulator is FightcadeFBNeo, built using modern FBNeo (0.2.97.44) with a custom and improved GGPO implementation and a better rendering core, making it the current best netplay implementation for rollback-based P2P online play. In layman terms, this means that demanding games in terms of input lag and responsiveness (such as fighting games) can be played over the internet with very little perceivable lag.

I swear I have the roms or something like that on my hard drive. Once I find out which one, I shall format the whole lot, this is already giving me a headache trying to keep up lol

Regards

Mark

Yep, that one you have mentioned. I decided using it instead of the conventional because it is a better build, a better core, but for some reason both my AM installation are fighting it avoiding it to work as it was before. The Emulator Preset inside the AM (Final Burn Alpha one) glitches everything else also. some args simply won't work and it will shut the AM front end quickly enough.
Deleting it and configuring once again (AM, not FBN), it end up not starting the game on the romlist set and the error the emulator is not compatible comes in everytime, on every MAME rom.

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2022, 11:56:49 AM »
Looking at your screen shot, hold on I need a pee and also a new beer. I will run out and get some headache tablets in a minute.

So you have the screen shot there, and then you have to click play once you have found a game to play?

You have AM load up fight cade, you then use fight cade to select a game and then you run that game via fightcade

Or

Are you using AM to load a core that loads directly into fightcade by passing the fightcade menu selection and then loading a game?

Trust me, I am getting more and more confused now, but hell this is better than putting your head in the oven at gas mark 6 for two hours, my head always gets hot

Regards

Mark