Author Topic: Exit display. change text..screenshot attached to better understand lol...help!  (Read 8452 times)

Steven Campoli

hey guys  would like to change the text of the display Exit: Attract Mode....not the message prompt when closing but ont he actual exit display...its not in the theme files....any ideas??

ill post a screen shot..

rand0m

• View Profile
I think its theme related in your case. You can try changing exit message manually via editing attract.cfg (its near the end in "general" heading) or through "settings> general > exit message" in AM. If changes are not reflected then comb through theme files. Its hard to tell by linked snap if theme is utilizing a picture or text for exit.

Changing exit message will effect both the confirmation screen and the "Exit" listing in theme.

Steven Campoli

Actually It’s not in the theme. I asked lol...I’m gonna try what u said and post back

The confirmation screen I was able to change that text in the language file. Really just the screen I posted, so I’ll try and get back To u ... thanks.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 06:30:33 AM by Steven Campoli »

Steven Campoli

I think its theme related in your case. You can try changing exit message manually via editing attract.cfg (its near the end in "general" heading) or through "settings> general > exit message" in AM. If changes are not reflected then comb through theme files. Its hard to tell by linked snap if theme is utilizing a picture or text for exit.

Changing exit message will effect both the confirmation screen and the "Exit" listing in theme.

All I see in the config file and in settings is exit command...nothing to change the display text
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 11:51:57 AM by Steven Campoli »

rand0m

• View Profile
Are you using the latest version of AM? In 2.4.1 Exit message command is available (at-least in Win version)

If "Exit Message" is empty it will default to "Exit Attract-Mode" - You will have to enter new text to modify the value.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 09:20:38 PM by rand0m »

Steven Campoli

Im on Windows and with 2.4.1.. and do not see that..what am I missing? I’m gonna re download it and check. Can u send me your attract.cfg file?

heres a screenshot...this is a fresh 2.4.1...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 07:40:20 AM by Steven Campoli »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
I don't know if this can help you, but if you set a custom overlay listbox then you can also set a custom "label" where the "Exit attract mode" should appear. I think you can hide that label and substitute that with another object you'll show/hide in sync with the appearance of the exit menu.

Steven Campoli

I don't know if this can help you, but if you set a custom overlay listbox then you can also set a custom "label" where the "Exit attract mode" should appear. I think you can hide that label and substitute that with another object you'll show/hide in sync with the appearance of the exit menu.

hey can you show me how to do this?

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Im on Windows and with 2.4.1.. and do not see that..what am I missing? I’m gonna re download it and check. Can u send me your attract.cfg file?

Interesting. I’m on Mac 2.4.1 and have the exit message option in the config menu. Rand0m confirms win 2.4.1. Are you using 32 or 64 bit build? I would expect the GUI just changes a cfg file like other items in the config menu.

Steven Campoli

Interesting. I’m on Mac 2.4.1 and have the exit message option in the config menu. Rand0m confirms win 2.4.1. Are you using 32 or 64 bit build? I would expect the GUI just changes a cfg file like other items in the config menu.

this is weird..i downloaded both 32 and 64 bit.....extracted to a folder with nothing just to test....no exit message...
maybe u can try from scratch like me and see if u still get the exit message. im jealous lol

i downloaded all of the windows versions in the downlaods section ran them from scratch and no exit message...like im missing that option or a file...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 08:56:23 AM by Steven Campoli »

rand0m

• View Profile
Check the latest build from here http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=2324.0. I think I upgraded to a daily build after global pause function was introduced. Running it once should create attract.cfg with "exit message" value.

PS: Just checked exit message was added on 2 Sept 2018 (https://github.com/mickelson/attract/pull/363), you should grab and test the latest build from daily builds thread I linked.

Steven Campoli

wow that worked. i got the daily build and its their !! THANK YOU!

when i launch attract mode it show the last system used..is it possible to have it always launch on the exit display?

wow THANK YOU

rand0m

• View Profile
If by exit display you mean the first display launched at start of AM you can change it via settings > startup mode > "Show display menu" (show last selection is default).

Steven Campoli

If by exit display you mean the first display launched at start of AM you can change it via settings > startup mode > "Show display menu" (show last selection is default).

no that just brings me to the system i last used.

basically my exit display i would like that to be the firstscreen when launching...check screenshot

by default i have it to show display menu and the arrow is on the last console i selected when am is launched..
example if i close AM with the arrow on PS, then PS is the first page when AM Is opened next time...if i use the EXIT display and close AM the next time its launched it selects the console to the left by default..it doesnt do the same action as the others

check the screenshot i would like that to be the first screen before selecting a console....thanks man!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 11:48:01 AM by Steven Campoli »