Author Topic: Problem plugin - Random  (Read 28204 times)

jeffy777

• View Profile
Re: Problem plugin - Random
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2018, 11:32:10 PM »
The updates sound awesome. I’m out of town for a couple days so won’t be able to try it out till I get back, but looking forward to it.

jeffy777

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2018, 10:09:23 PM »
OK finally had a chance to test and the new commit doesn't work at all for me for some reason. Tried with several different layouts with no luck.

Reverted to the commit from Sep 7th and it works fine.

Any idea why?

thanks again.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 12:49:30 AM by jeffy777 »

nevincho

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2018, 12:48:30 AM »
OK finally had a chance to test and the new commit doesn't work at all for me for some reason. Tried with several different layouts with no luck.

Reverted to the commit from Sep & and it works fine.

Any idea why?

thanks again.

It dosen't work for me either.

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2018, 02:31:16 AM »
@jeffy777 @nevincho It works on my iMac just fine. Besides my own layouts, I also tested with cools and arcade flow. ArcadeFlow doesn’t display artwork on my iMac for some reason, but theme navigated with sequencer fine.

Could you guys let me know what themes you are trying? Possibly disable all other plugins and reenable them one by one if it works? Thank you.

https://youtu.be/G87dRISh_mU

jeffy777

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2018, 11:17:38 AM »
I’m using the Silky theme:
http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1517.0

I also tried it with OldRoom. and a few random others.

I disabled all other plugins, still no luck.

nevincho

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2018, 11:37:41 AM »
I try with Attract-Man, Basic, Pandora Box 3,4,5, Extreme Box, Blue Ring, Robospin .... not work.

AM versions 2.3.0-2.4.0

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2018, 08:18:35 PM »
@jeffy777 @nevincho I tried every default layout, and they all work. Orbit has an issue where the static effect does not disappear I think because on Transition.ToNewList ttime < spin_ms and spin_ms is 120. This plugin makes it happen on a single tick.

Are you guys using the latest helpers module? Do you have any errors in the terminal?

jeffy777

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2018, 09:56:18 PM »
I did not have the helpers module isntalled at all and that seems to have been the issue. Works perfectly with the Silky theme now. Nice job man!

nevincho

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2018, 10:38:21 PM »
Script Error

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2018, 02:04:13 AM »
@nevincho you need the helpers module. I’m so sorry. I totally forgot to update the readme! It wasn’t required on my first commit, and then was when it became more complex. Will update after work today.

nevincho

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2018, 03:06:33 AM »
Perfect :) Thank you again for your work.

Malmanian

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2018, 02:53:32 AM »
Greetings and many thanks to Mr. keilmillerjr for this very useful sequencer plug-in. This functionality should indeed be built in with AM.

I wonder if it is possible for this plug-in to detect when the snap-video is finished and start the sequencer when the video is finished instead of a manual timer? (similar to HyperSpin "wait for video" option before Attract wheel-scrolling starts).

Keep up the good work and best regards.

/Edit: Report of some minor issues:

* sequencer plug-in interrupts the built-in AM screensaver functionality. (it would be great to pause the sequencer while screensaver is active). It is a non-issue for me since I just disable the AM screensaver and use this sequencer plug-in instead as a live attract-mode screensaver.

* sequencer plug-in timer starts counting even while a intro video is playing during the start of AM. (this can only be an issue for those that are using longer intro videos.)

« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 10:39:46 AM by manivanilli »

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2018, 03:13:31 AM »
Greetings and many thanks to Mr. keilmillerjr for this very useful sequencer plug-in. This functionality should indeed be built in with AM.

I wonder if it is possible for this plug-in to detect when the snap-video is finished and start the sequencer when the video is finished instead of a manual timer? (similar to HyperSpin "wait for video" option before Attract wheel-scrolling starts).

Keep up the good work and best regards.

/Edit: Report of some minor issues:

* sequencer plug-in interrupts the built-in AM screensaver functionality. (it would be great to pause the sequencer while screensaver is active). It is a non-issue for me since I just disable the AM screensaver and use this sequencer plug-in instead as a live attract-mode screensaver.

* sequencer plug-in timer starts counting even while a intro video is playing during the start of AM. (this can only be an issue for those that are using longer intro videos.)

Thank you for the awesome feedback and bug reporting.

I can easily tackle the bugs when I get some free time.

I’m not sure if your requested feature is possible as a plugin. I’ll investigate. The issue will be calling a variable from a layout. I think they are “sandboxed”. If so, it would have to utilize a module to set a global variable and hopefully plugin would read it after layout. I’ve been trying to keep this a plugin. I could replicate how hyperspin does it 100%, but it would have to be integrated into each theme and not an easy global thing.

Malmanian

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2018, 11:51:09 AM »
Thank you for the awesome feedback and bug reporting.

I can easily tackle the bugs when I get some free time.

I’m not sure if your requested feature is possible as a plugin. I’ll investigate. The issue will be calling a variable from a layout. I think they are “sandboxed”. If so, it would have to utilize a module to set a global variable and hopefully plugin would read it after layout. I’ve been trying to keep this a plugin. I could replicate how hyperspin does it 100%, but it would have to be integrated into each theme and not an easy global thing.

Greetings and thanks for investigating this. I didn't know that the variables from layouts were sandboxed in AM, I was assuming that plug-ins could perhaps read the "video_duration" and "video_time" properties directly from the active layout when needed. Hopefully this might be possible with your 'helpers' module without the need to manually modify all layouts until AM perhaps officially supports this functionality. Keep up the good work and best regards.

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2018, 02:52:55 PM »
Pushed small update. Plugin should wait for intro to finish before activating plugin. Please test and report back if it doesn’t work. I didn’t actually test it.

As is, screensaver will never become active unless screensaver time is less than sequencers delay time (which would be pointless). One option is to not use a screensaver. Harsh, I know. Second option, differentiate between signals from the plugin and actual user plugins. I could then keep track of time the user was away and activate the screensaver manually a signal that you preset in the config to activate the screensaver. Plugin would have to disable when the screensaver is active, and enable when returning. Thoughts?