Author Topic: attract.am file  (Read 3313 times)

iOtero

• View Profile
attract.am file
« on: March 03, 2019, 06:20:52 AM »
What exactly does the attract.am file contain? Thank you.
Nacer a los 15 años Una novela de iOtero

iOtero

• View Profile
Re: attract.am file
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 10:31:17 AM »
https://github.com/mickelson/attract/blob/78a22e01d85032f810974921ad98686fbe9de53f/src/fe_settings.cpp#L115
https://github.com/mickelson/attract/blob/78a22e01d85032f810974921ad98686fbe9de53f/src/fe_settings.cpp#L716

This is what I found. It’s ignored by git. So if your having issues, I believe you could remove it and let attractmode regenerate it.

No, i do not have problems with it, and i know that it can be deleted and that deleting it does something like a "reset" of AM... But i would like to know what exactly it contains, in case it might be useful to know. Thank you.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 11:39:16 AM »
The attract.am just contains information about which system was used last and the position of the romlist that each display last used. Think of it as Attract-Mode's memory for what to display when you launch AM or as you are switching to different displays.

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 04:30:41 AM »
The attract.am just contains information about which system was used last and the position of the romlist that each display last used. Think of it as Attract-Mode's memory for what to display when you launch AM or as you are switching to different displays.

I did not know that with certainty, although I imagined it. What I wanted to know was exactly what each number meant in case you could use that data in the layouts of the themes, in case there was data that could not support fe.gameinfo.

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 04:37:45 AM »

I did not know that with certainty, although I imagined it. What I wanted to know was exactly what each number meant in case you could use that data in the layouts of the themes, in case there was data that could not support fe.gameinfo.

Look two lines below the the line in second link I posted. Variables used saving data is clear and easy to read.

iOtero

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 10:48:35 AM »
Thank you, keil, I'll see if they are of any use to me.  :-[