Author Topic: How to trigger commands in from a script, keyboard or joystick event?  (Read 1957 times)

wrybread

• View Profile
I've been making progress in my video player "emulator" for Attract Mode, and it now plays videos on the arcade cabinet while sending a second stream to a projector. That took a bit of doing since the two monitors have different resolutions. Working great now though.

But unfortunately the Attract Mode "display" doesn't appear on the projector screen, which just turns black when I exit out of Attract Mode. And I can't see the arcade cabinet screen from where we typically watch movies.

So I was wondering if there was some way to use my wireless keyboard as a blind remote for Attract Mode? Pressing ESC exits out of the movie and returns to Attract Mode, but I can't see the Display. So I was wondering if I could somehow map keys from the wireless keyboard to play specific items in Attract Mode? For example, pressing the S key plays the entry on my Videos display that plays a random South Park?

Or maybe there's a way to achieve the same thing via a Squirrel or Python script? Or an AM plugin?

Or some other other clever way? I noticed the "custom" commands in the General Preferences, but don't know how to trigger them, or what they can do.

Anyway, any theories invited!

I'll try to post some pics of the setup tomorrow.