Author Topic: Switching the Window Mode so 16:9 themes stay 16:9 on 5:4 monitor  (Read 2244 times)

chad.burdette88

• View Profile
So I just bought an Arcade1Up machine and modded it with a raspberry pi. It has a 5:4 monitor and I would like to still use all the awesome 16:9 themes I have for AM. I was hoping in the AM settings under general that I could change the window mode to something like a widescreen option so that the 16:9 themes wouldn’t be squished but just show as 16:9 with black bars on the top and bottom. When switching through the window modes I don’t see a wider screen option and I don’t noticed anything changing when changing between the modes. Any suggestions would be amazing!

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Switching the Window Mode so 16:9 themes stay 16:9 on 5:4 monitor
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 12:23:09 AM »
This is something that depends on the theme coding, if the theme has preserve aspect ratio enabled then it should adapt to the different screen ratio with letterboxing or pillarboxing, otherwise you'll have stretching (unless the theme can automatically sense the different resolution and adapt to that)

chad.burdette88

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 10:06:58 PM »
Thanks for the response man. I have looked all around on the form but can find the coding to preserve aspect ratio. I would love to copy and paste it into my layout.nut file to test it out :)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 11:42:28 PM »
Just add this code at the beginning of the layout.nut

Code: [Select]
fe.layout.preserve_aspect_ratio = true
and let’s see if it works.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 01:05:32 AM by zpaolo11x »