Author Topic: Updated version of Roboskin spinwheel, scales from 1024 to 1080...  (Read 156914 times)

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
As of 8/27/15, all updates for robospin will be posted here so you don't have to peruse the entire topic thread.

9/1/15, Update!!!  :)  :)  :)

Added bloom to Marquee, this gives marquee light effect. Effect can be turned on via layout option.

Adjusted scan-lines...

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 06:35:26 AM by omegaman »

crawlingpeter

• View Profile
This looks really awesome! You are always up to something great :D

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Craw-

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
With omegaman's blessing - I'm working on his excellent theme to improve it graphically.
See the posted w-i-p image for areas of improvement and how much is already done on each subject.
All graphics are also scaled up for 1080p. (actually working files are 4x larger, but scaled down)

I'm estimating that (hopefully) in 1-2 weeks it will be completely finished - with all graphics exported to objects and coded.

liquid8d

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Looks great! Do you mind sharing what scanlines/crt shaders you used?

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
Of course. I'll be sharing all files when it will be finished.

I've attached 2 versions of scanlines mask

45% opacity - that's what I'm using
100% opacity - so you can adjust opacity for yourself

----

As for the CTR curvature mask it is not ready yet - it is front view of CRT shape rotated in perspective for now, so I have to transform it to 2D mask.

EDIT: I've changed attatched scanline mask files for improved version - please re-download it
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 07:41:13 AM by verion »

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
Here is how it looks in close-up
This is with that 045 opacity mask.

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Verion-

Looking good man.

dbals

This layout looks great.   First layout I've really liked since Arcadeos. Yeah, I said it. 

Anyway to add easter eggs like in Arcadeos e.g. a couple weeks before Christmas it would have snow falling at different speeds on the selection screen?

Thanks Omegaman & Verion

liquid8d

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hey that looks great! I thought you were using shaders.. that looks great for just image overlays!

dbals, I have particle animations in my animate module that could actually do the snow effect, someone would just have to tie that in to be enabled when the system date reaches time :)

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
The whole idea was to be able to use built-in scarpers and widely available snaps and videos - and still get that scanline look.

I hope that it will look as good in AM as it is now in Photoshop - but it is just PNG image over artwork, without any fancy Photoshop tricks - so it should look the same.

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
After some initial testing I've came up with better version of scanlines mask. I've changed the file attached in a post above for a new version.

slydog43

• View Profile
wow, great looking layout.  Just started with AM today, am really like it so far.  Less crashes/troubles than HyperSpin.  Could you load a cabinet layout for each rom like the marguee or wheel? 

verion

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • new projects
Re: Updated version of Roboskin spinwheel, scales from 1024 to 1080...
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 01:07:42 AM »
It is theoretically possible (Attract Mode is capable of managing that) but in real life it's not doable because of amount of work and lack of good quality cab photos.

I was toying with the idea of switching bezels or side panels. It is possible when you have only bunch of games (like me - I have only 150 selected mame roms) and you are willing to manually tweak/change existing art to fit that particular cab we are using.

But the main idea is to use existing downloadable artwork only.
I have so many unfinished projects - so "keep it simple - to actually make it happen" is my motto here.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 05:35:51 AM by verion »

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Updated version of Roboskin spinwheel, scales from 1024 to 1080...
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2015, 05:00:47 AM »
Slydog-

Like verion stated, anything is possible with AM if you are willing to put the effort into it. And, one of our members "Liquid8" is working on some xml conversion mods to incorporate even more layouts. AM already supports mala layouts and maybe in the future something like Hyperspin themes.