Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 547967 times)

markoattract

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 5.0 [Release] Updated 18 July 2019
« Reply #510 on: July 19, 2019, 12:25:30 PM »
Zpaolo11x I have to Thank you for your new release !!

now all is perfect on my NUC ! No more lags , no more framedrops !! xD

THANK YOUUUUUUU !!!!

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 19, 2019, 01:27:44 PM »
+1 regarding general performance and speed improvement. Even more impressive now. Thank you again for all the hard work :)

dark1973

• View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 19, 2019, 10:04:16 PM »
Sei un grande! Grazie mille per il tuo immenso lavoro. Ora il mio cabinato avrà una veste grafica impeccabile

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #513 on: July 20, 2019, 07:46:03 AM »
Thank you all guys for the comments and positive feedback, I”m glad 5.0 is working better! Now I can relax on the beach while I think of new features and improvements :D

markoattract

• View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 20, 2019, 01:10:31 PM »
Ciao Paolo !

Complimenti e grazie ancora per il lavoro svolto ! volevo informati che grazie alle impostazioni specifiche per la paerformance che hai inserito nell'ultima versione, sono riuscito ad isolare qual'era la caratteristica che rallentava il display : Era La "logo smooth shadow" !!

Magari questa informazione puo' esserti utile .

Grazie ancora e buone Vacanze !!!

Eng Ver.

Hi Paolo !

Thank you again and compliments for your work ! I want to inform you that with the new settings for performances on the latest version, i've just found the issue that did slow-down the GUI on my NUC :

That was the "Logo smooth shadow" option ! Maybe this information can be usefull for you !

thank you again and  have a nice holidays !

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 22, 2019, 12:41:38 PM »
Setting up a disk for a friend with an lcd. 10hrs left of transferring data. Considering arcadeflow. Friend has a 4:3 bezel over a 16:9 monitor. Does this theme work well if i restrict layout dimensions to 4:3?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #516 on: July 22, 2019, 10:17:07 PM »
Setting up a disk for a friend with an lcd. 10hrs left of transferring data. Considering arcadeflow. Friend has a 4:3 bezel over a 16:9 monitor. Does this theme work well if i restrict layout dimensions to 4:3?

Yes it should work. There’s an option in the performance settings where you can set a custom resolution, so if you have, for example, a full hd lcd just set 1440x1080 and it will only use that area in 4:3

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #517 on: July 31, 2019, 12:28:55 AM »
That was the "Logo smooth shadow" option ! Maybe this information can be usefull for you !

Hey, thank you for the feedback and sorry for the late reply, your report confirms what I saw in my tests, it's a bit system dependent but logo shadows are the thing that slows the layout most, because there are THREE nested surfaces (two for the smooth shadow effect, and one is the base tile). I'm planning to experiment with a different approach where a 2D shader is used, this will imply more calculations per frame (n*n instead of n+n) but only two nested surfaces and should be way faster

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #518 on: July 31, 2019, 02:20:12 AM »
Ciao Paolo !

Just for check, can you try this layout on your NUC? I've changed the shader, it should be faster when logo shadows are enabled (maybe, it's not that faster on my system)

markoattract

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 02, 2019, 09:33:43 AM »
Ciao Paolo !

Just for check, can you try this layout on your NUC? I've changed the shader, it should be faster when logo shadows are enabled (maybe, it's not that faster on my system)

Hi Paolo !! Sorry for the late answer.
I have tested your script, but when i was set the "logo smooth shadow" option back to "ON" i had the same framesdrop problem... :(

Anyway, i can check other solutions if you need, so don't esitate and send me other solutions if you want . ;)

Ciao !

harpiufof

• View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 02, 2019, 03:42:56 PM »
Amazing Layout!! Congratulations Paolo!!

Although if you allow me, I would like to give you a suggestion. It would be great if there could be an option, where you can choose the number of rows according to a certain number of games on the list.

I am not an expert on this, but to give an example, I imagine something like the following:

Code: [Select]
if ( fe.list.size <= my_config["number_of_games_low"] )
{
rows_low = my_config["horizontalrows_low"]
}

if ( fe.list.size <= my_config["number_of_games_medium"] )
{
rows_medium = my_config["horizontalrows_medium"]
}

if ( fe.list.size <= my_config["number_of_games_high"] )
{
rows_high = my_config["horizontalrows_high"]
}

I consider that with 3 variants it is more than enough.

I hope you can take my suggestion into account. Otherwise, no problem. You did a great job anyway!

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #521 on: August 03, 2019, 01:30:33 AM »
Anyway, i can check other solutions if you need, so don't esitate and send me other solutions if you want . ;)

I suspected it was not a solution, on my test system it improves only at very low resolution but each GPU react differently. I have two more layout to check, just deploy the content of this zip in your Arcadeflow 50 folder. But I don't think they will improve too much...

markoattract

• View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 05, 2019, 07:44:10 AM »

I suspected it was not a solution, on my test system it improves only at very low resolution but each GPU react differently. I have two more layout to check, just deploy the content of this zip in your Arcadeflow 50 folder. But I don't think they will improve too much...

Hi Paolo ! I've tried the two files but as did you say, it didn't improve :(

I have noticed , also, that with EXTERN .nut there is a white box around the logos and no shadows at all.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #523 on: August 05, 2019, 12:09:38 PM »
Hi Paolo ! I've tried the two files but as did you say, it didn't improve :(

I have noticed , also, that with EXTERN .nut there is a white box around the logos and no shadows at all.

Thank you for the feedback, the white box is probably caused by a missing shader I forgot to put in the zip file :D By the way good to know that none of this workarounds is effective, I’ll leave shadows as they are and release 5.1 in a couple of days with an important bug fix

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 5.1 [Release] Updated 07 August 2019
« Reply #524 on: August 06, 2019, 11:32:47 PM »
Arcadeflow 5.1 is out with a bug fix on the tile update routine. If you saw strange issues in the thumbnails update when scrolling to next/prev game this should fix it :)