Author Topic: configure fbneo  (Read 6034 times)

JosephKorso

• View Profile
Re: configure fbneo
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2022, 12:08:06 PM »
I'm using FBN emulator, completely offline mode and without Fightcade logged for playing online.
I'm not using Fighcade itself, I'm using Fightcade's Final Burn Neo emulator core that comes with it in default offline way as a normal user would.
I'm not a expert on anything like this to implement Fightcade features on a frontend to resemble 1Up arcade systems.

I'm only really sad cause it was working before and all of a sudden stopped working for some unknown reason, making my bartop cabinet project to waste :(
I'm just on the offline features of it, not using the online anywhere. It works quite nice though.
The Fightcade itself mirrors your installed emulator and streams the replay from a fight you had if you access the replay url.

You can record and share on Youtube or elsewhere, no lag involved. OBS would do the trick in high bitrate.
Fightcade Final Burn Neo build also allows scripting, which can implement so many stuff on the emulator itself (You mentioned retro achievements and I know they exist, but didn't delve on it yet), but one of the most interesting implementations I saw using scripts was the possibility of having a training core inside the game's rom, with no extra installation or effort.

You can train and test like if it were a home console version of it.

Other than that, I wish this core would be released in the near future, with no strings attached to Fightcade itself.
A full rom set list can be found on archive.org if that's what you mentioned before.

Have a nice beer time.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 12:09:54 PM by JosephKorso »

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2022, 12:33:39 PM »
I knew I had I think that this is the same thing

FinalBurn v0.2.97.43 FullRoms

I will give it an unzip, even though I am finished for the day. It might not be the same thing, but as I am so confused now, I will have a look at anything lol

Ok so unzipped I have 5,257 files at 11.5 gigs the actual roms are still zipped, but I had the directory zipped, the first rom is 3countb to zzyzzyxx2

Regards

Mark
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 12:43:00 PM by Mark Norville »
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

Computer Specs : I7 3770K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Win 10
HD Specs : 1 x 1 TB SSD + 4 x 8 TB = 33 TB (fullish)
First system : ZX81 (Yes I am an old fart)
PS Network : MarkNorvile
Xbox : Mark Norville

JosephKorso

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2022, 12:45:28 PM »
You could have tested just a few roms, actually.
By clicking on show content beside it.

I tried them and have actually configured all controls.
Killer Instinct 1 and 2 were working and all of a sudden, bam, not working anymore.

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2022, 12:54:20 PM »
I only have the roms inside of a zip folder, no emulators to use

I think that I downloaded it from the internet archive

efarcadeversionroms 97.9 gigs

CAVEUI Shooting Complete v1.3.3
Demul v0.7 Arcade FullRoms & CHD
FinalBurn v0.2.97.43 FullRoms
MAME4ALL v2.3 FullRoms
MAME4Droid v0.139u1 FullRoms
Mame32 Plus! v0.84u5
Nebula v2.25b FullRoms
NeoRageX Fullroms
Raine v0.64.16 FullRoms
Raine v0.91.4 Fullroms
SEGA Model 2 v1.1a FullRoms
SEGA Supermodel v0.2a Fullroms
Win Kawaks v1.65 FullRoms
Zinc v1.1 FullRoms

The full download

Regards

Mark
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

JosephKorso

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2022, 01:20:13 PM »
It is actually that URL.
You can choose from downloading what you want instead of the whole thing.
The fbneo emulator folder is there for trying also.

Mark Norville

• View Profile
an
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2022, 12:20:31 AM »
The chances is that you need batch files maybe I have this on my download list but at 37 gigs near enough it might take a while

Just to add this file only has one seeder, and a very slow download rate I am getting 60 kbs it is not even showing as a full collection only showing availability of 0.857, but it looks like I am downloading from another leecher at the moment and not the one seed.

I shall keep this going, to see what happens, but if it becomes a waste of time, then I will knock it on the head. I will just look at the official website and dive more into that.

*** Update 18/01/2022

Ok so I put one of the files to download at maximum speed, I just unzipped the folder, and all that I am getting is rom files. I think that all the other files are just the rom files, I am not sure if they are different from ordinary rom sets or not. However, I am now 50% the way through, one person had finished downloading it and became a seeder for a little while and then suddenly he drops off so it is back to one seeder again. However, my ratio is already at 1.01 so I am seeding faster than I am downloading but for anyone else thinking about downloading this, as I say I think that it is just roms only, I am not sure if these are hacked roms to make it work with Fightcade or just ordinary roms, so you possibly already have these if they are just normal roms.

I will eventually test all of this, but going to take a few weeks at least

Regards

Mark
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 03:16:29 AM by Mark Norville »

JosephKorso

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2022, 04:10:31 AM »
You know you can access it on the website, not the torrent, right?
That romset is for FBN and Flycast. The Romset for FBN have also roms that runs on MAME but are not working on FBN itself.
Gotta try another frontend to confirm if the problem is the emulator or AM.

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2022, 04:19:08 AM »
I am just following the link you supplied for the achieve.

At the moment it is saying 6/7 hours to download complete ok make that ten now, but it is downloading and nothing else to do, so I shall let it carry on.

By all means give it a try on another front end, but also make 100% sure that it is not user error in relation to AM, as this is just a GUI and it follows the input that you feed it, so if you input the wrong commands, then it is not going to work.

It just follows your orders, so treat it as a dumb animal, it does nothing apart from follow your orders. It does not have anything to do with how things loads up, it does not effect emulators etc etc. It is just there to look pretty and display your graphics.

I have screamed at it from time to time, and then I release that I had made a typo and from blaming AM I am now a fool with egg on my face, thinking stupid me for making a typo.

*** Update 19th Mar 2022 ***

I now have the rom packs downloaded and I have just downloaded fightcade and installed, so far no roms working, but I have set up an account

Mark Norville on fightcade Mark Norville on Xbox and MarkNorville on PS5 (yes I am original)

I will have a mess around with this over the weekend and see if I can get it up and running and tied into AM some how. I might actually have this as a main menu option, rather than buried into sub collections considering that it is something different rather than just an emulator.

I am also reading that when Fightcade updates, then you have to update your rom sets. Previous rom sets will not work on the new system, hopefully I should have something up and running in a while, I am just moving roms into the folder shortcuts.

Regards

Mark
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 05:38:40 AM by Mark Norville »

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2022, 07:52:01 AM »
Ok so I now have this set up,

I am using fcadefbneo.exe as the emulator to load the games, some games will run, and I have come across some that have your error message

AM is not the problem

I have come across one that does not work 16tongnk at the moment I am blind in that I have not set up any artwork with it, so I am clicking on blank air.

Ok I have very basic artwork I just tried 64 street and that works for me

I changed the emulator to fcv39.exe

I need to see your screen shot a second, so shall end here and then edit

I am not sure if the error message cut out the name but yours is showing 64stree rather than street

Also I have had a couple not run, I have looked at the files inside and some of them are messed up 007tld being one of them

But you want to replace MAME with this FBNeo emulator, which does not link to Fightcade, it is a waste of time. It just loads up the game, I can't play against someone else. I thought that was the whole point?

If the emulator works better for you, if you prefer it with a natural look e.g blocky rather than smoothing the edges, bezels and stuff then yeah it might be worth it. However, I honestly do not see the point of replacing one emulator with another. I cannot see a real reason for me to actually use it, I mean you would be better off with RetroArch and signing up for retro achievements, at least that does something. However, just using this emulator does nothing and you cannot tie it in with the fightcade network.

I have to say though, it is kind of growing on me, the games load very quickly indeed, far faster than MAME. I was at seven seconds on my i5, about three seconds on my I7 but using this front end the FBNeo it is taking about a second, maybe two to load.

I just done a bit of digging on it, and see that they made it as a MAME alternative, and it supports retro achievements if you use the retroarch core. Mmmmm interesting I can't see it replacing MAME without a few years or more of playing with it. However, it is actually not bad.

Regards

Mark
« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 11:07:00 AM by Mark Norville »

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2022, 04:13:23 AM »
As it is Sunday and I am bored and sorting out my hard drives, I came across my screen recording software so installed it and done a video for you Joseph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os_8jqnWB-I (24 seconds long)

As you can see I have no issue loading 64th Street via AM.

Sorry to say, but this falls down to human error and nothing to do with AM.

I have used the roms that you supplied a link too, and I downloaded Fightcade yesterday, however it is working on my end.

Regards

Mark

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2022, 08:45:48 AM »
@JosephKorso 1. Do not post Rom links anywhere on this forum! Yes a lot of people probably know where they are or how to find them. How ever that has nothing to do with it. It just something you do not do! (moderator please remove the rom link)

2. May I ask why you are using Fightcade's Final burn Neo version under AM? There is no need for at at all what so ever....unless you are trying to create a new front end for fightcade to work in a cab. Fightcade has it's own front end UI so that you know what games are running and how or who is playing them thus some of your problems..if you bypass all of that:
1. you are not playing on-line at all, if you are bypassing the on-line aspect of it then why use fightcade at all? Essentially all you are doing is using finalburn neo. So go and get standard final burn neo and use it..it will save you a lot of headaches trust me. Also note that not all roms are the same with Finalburn neo and fightcade.

And note that Most are interchangeable but not all of them but not ALL roms with finalburn neo are usable with fightcade as there are updates to the roms from time to time fightcade is behind somewhat Aslo, some roms do not need to be in fightcade (f.e single player games) so that code (driver) is not in the code [I think] so you are losing out on many roms that you could be using nor. Honestly you are better off using retroarch for the roms that you want to run in/with finalburn neo (there is a core for final burn neo in retroarch) OR you can use the stand alone emulators for each system you want like I mentioned. What I am saying is you are making it difficult on yourself. Fightcade was NOT made to be used in a frontend!
People want life easy..then complain about it