Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 547959 times)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 4.9 [Release] Updated 27 June 2019
« Reply #495 on: July 10, 2019, 06:32:53 AM »
Still to heavy for my laptop even without the FPS but now at least it makes sense, it wasn't a bug.
I found another themes that might be enough for my setup but I think your views on design and UX are great :)

I've tried to strip Arcadeflow of many visual effects. On my laptop this brings the framerate from 44 fps to 60 fps. There's still a lot to change and tweak but if anybody interested in a low spec version could check this layout and report feedback that would help a lot.

markoattract

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 10, 2019, 07:06:07 AM »
Hello everyone ! Awesome work with this theme ...

I have a little problem :
When i start Attract mode on Arcadeflow theme for MAME, i don't have issues and all run at 60fps ...But when i quit the game and back to the frontend, the framerate go to 25 - 30 fps . If i exit Attract-Mode and restart it , all back to 60 fps ... maybe my NUC not has enough power for Arcadeflow ??

I'm running Attract mode on an Intel NUC I5 with 8 GB ram.

thank you for your answer :D

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #497 on: July 10, 2019, 07:09:54 AM »
When i start Attract mode on Arcadeflow theme for MAME, i don't have issues and all run at 60fps ...But when i quit the game and back to the frontend, the framerate go to 25 - 30 fps . If i exit Attract-Mode and restart it , all back to 60 fps ...

Are you using version 4.9 of AF? This is a strange issue, I'll check if I can replicate it ASAP. Does it happens even if you start the game and quit it after a very short amount of time, or only when you keep it running?

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 11, 2019, 06:58:58 AM »
I'm getting a weird problem, maybe a bug that noticed just now. When I click the "exit picture" from AF display menu, instead of exit frontend it loads the system/romlist that exists before the "exit picture". On the log there's an error there that gives an hint of the possible issue:

AN ERROR HAS OCCURED [remove() failed]

CALLSTACK
*FUNCTION [on_transition()] D:\Attract-Mode - Arcadeflow\layouts/Arcadeflow_49/layout.nut line [3615]

When I check that line in the layout, it seems to be related to the Exit command because it's part of the code starting with line:

// cleanup frosted glass grabs when exiting AM

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #499 on: July 11, 2019, 07:53:23 AM »
I'm getting a weird problem, maybe a bug that noticed just now. When I click the "exit picture" from AF display menu, instead of exit frontend it loads the system/romlist that exists before the "exit picture".

Found this, it was my mistake. I'd share an updated layout but I changed so much working for 5.0 so it's better that you change it yourself: look for this code snippet:

Code: [Select]
   if ((sig == "select") && ((prf.DISPLAYMENUON) ) ) {
      fe.set_display(fe.list.index)
      return true
   }

and change it with this:

if ((sig == "select") && ((prf.DISPLAYMENUON)) ) {
      if (fe.list.index < fe.displays.len())
      else
         fe.signal("exit")
      return true
   }

On the log there's an error there that gives an hint of the possible issue:

CALLSTACK
*FUNCTION [on_transition()] D:\Attract-Mode - Arcadeflow\layouts/Arcadeflow_49/layout.nut line [3615]

When I check that line in the layout, it seems to be related to the Exit command because it's part of the code starting with line:

Hmm let me know if with the modification you still get the error, it's something that happens when Arcadeflow cleans the temporary snaps used for frosted glass effect. Maybe you have some snapshots with non-sequential progressive numbers?

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 12, 2019, 03:20:00 AM »
Working good here with your code change, thx so much again. :)

Looking forward to 5.0. :)

I'm getting a weird problem, maybe a bug that noticed just now. When I click the "exit picture" from AF display menu, instead of exit frontend it loads the system/romlist that exists before the "exit picture".

Found this, it was my mistake. I'd share an updated layout but I changed so much working for 5.0 so it's better that you change it yourself: look for this code snippet:

if ((sig == "select") && ((prf.DISPLAYMENUON) ) ) {
      return true
   }

and change it with this:

if ((sig == "select") && ((prf.DISPLAYMENUON)) ) {
      if (fe.list.index < fe.displays.len())
      else
         fe.signal("exit")
      return true
   }

On the log there's an error there that gives an hint of the possible issue:

CALLSTACK

Hmm let me know if with the modification you still get the error, it's something that happens when Arcadeflow cleans the temporary snaps used for frosted glass effect. Maybe you have some snapshots with non-sequential progressive numbers?

markoattract

• View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 12, 2019, 04:38:41 AM »
hello Zpaolo11x ! Thank you for the answer !

It does happens on both times : If i launch a MAME game for a little and if i play for long time ...

It's strange that if i exit  arcadeflow and enter again all back to normal ... it's like as something running on th background ... but i've checked the task manager and all processes are closed ...

-- Update ! ---

On another PC with I7 and GTX 1080 works like a charm ... so i think the problem is my NUC that has no power enough ... :(

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #502 on: July 12, 2019, 04:54:01 AM »
It's strange that if i exit  arcadeflow and enter again all back to normal ... it's like as something running on th background ... but i've checked the task manager and all processes are closed ...

-- Update ! ---

On another PC with I7 and GTX 1080 works like a charm ... so i think the problem is my NUC that has no power enough ... :(

The only thing that can kick in after some time in Arcadeflow is the "attract mode", that is the layout starts showing random videos of games. You can try disabling it in Arcadeflow options.

Glad that it works better on your other system but if it runs at 60 fps on the NUC it's really strange that it slows down so much, maybe it's a thermal throttling problem?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #503 on: July 12, 2019, 05:03:31 AM »

Very good! 5.0 is almost ready, but following the latest feedbacks regarding performances I'm experimenting a bit with the shaders. It seems I found a shader that can reduce the fps from 60 to 45, I'll try to fix it if possible. I'll be on vacation from the 20th of this month so hopefully I'll release 5.0 next week and then go to the sea lol

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 12, 2019, 09:57:43 AM »

Very good! 5.0 is almost ready, but following the latest feedbacks regarding performances I'm experimenting a bit with the shaders. It seems I found a shader that can reduce the fps from 60 to 45, I'll try to fix it if possible. I'll be on vacation from the 20th of this month so hopefully I'll release 5.0 next week and then go to the sea lol

Ah interesting. When 5.0 release happens I will try it in the other less powerful computer where Arcadeflow with normal settings runs almost in slow motion :D

Sea vacation sounds great. ;)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #505 on: July 12, 2019, 11:08:26 AM »
Ah interesting. When 5.0 release happens I will try it in the other less powerful computer where Arcadeflow with normal settings runs almost in slow motion :D

You can try the attached layout.nut file, it should improve a lot the performaces (at the expense of most visual effects)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #506 on: July 13, 2019, 01:47:49 AM »
So, performance wise, I reduced the impact of the shaders to the minimum, the only one that was slowing down the system was the one working at native screen resolution while all the others work on low res surfaces. Now this shader had an impact on my Quadro equipped rig because I pushed the resolution to 5000 x 3000 to have fps less than 60 :D
On other rigs where the resolution is more "normal" the impact of this shader is not so heavy and the real issue are the multiple surfaces. I'll see if it can be improved a bit.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #507 on: July 17, 2019, 05:31:10 AM »
What is your favorite Game Boy screen? Pocket? Classic? Or Light? In Arcadeflow 5.0 you'll be able to chose the color correction you prefer ;)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 06:39:38 AM by zpaolo11x »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 5.0 [Release] Updated 18 July 2019
« Reply #508 on: July 18, 2019, 02:01:34 AM »
Arcadeflow 5.0 is out, list wrap around, low spec mode, game boy colorizer. Enjoy and report bugs!

arthurvalenca

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 5.0 [Release] Updated 18 July 2019
« Reply #509 on: July 18, 2019, 07:41:54 PM »
Perfect!!!! Big thanks for release.