Author Topic: Daphne emulator setup  (Read 33991 times)

akafox

• View Profile
Re: Daphne emulator setup
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2016, 12:04:14 PM »
# Generated by Attract-Mode v2.0.0
#
executable           daphne.exe
args                 dle21 vldp -framefile path/dle21.txt -blank_searches -min_seek_delay 1000 seek_frames_per_ms 20 -homedir /home/path -bank 0 11111000 -bank 1 00110111 -noserversend -volume_vldp 64 -sound_buffer 960 -fullscreen -x 800 -y 600
rompath             
romext               .zip
system             
info_source         
artwork    flyer           
artwork    marquee         
artwork    snap           
artwork    wheel 

Make sure you set up Daphne and make it work through the Daphne Loader GUI first!

Here's how to to it easily:
1. Create a new "emulator" in attract mode [We'll call this one dlair]
2. Set up everything except your args line..leave it blank
3. Goto the attract folder (the one you have attract mode executable in) using your file manager (based on your operating system) goto the attract/emulators folder. (once in the attract mode folder you will see an emulators folder open that one.)
4. at the top of this post copy the dragons' lair line:
Code: [Select]
dle21 vldp -framefile path/dle21.txt -blank_searches -min_seek_delay 1000 -seek_frames_per_ms 20 -homedir /home/path -bank 0 11111000 -bank 1 00110111 -noserversend -volume_vldp 64 -sound_buffer 960 -fullscreen -x 800 -y 6005. Open your dlair.cfg file in your text editior
6. in your args line paste the line you copied above there (example above)
7. save it
Now understand the above line will not work! You MUST change your paths for your framefiles and you home directories to make your setup!

Thus example:
    -homedir (Linux: /home/user/.daphne) (windows: C:\daphne\)
 and -framefile (Linux: /home/user/.daphne/framefiles/dle21.txt) (windows: C:\daphne\framefiles\)
and dle21 change to dlair

8. now re-save the cfg to update the changes
9. load attractmode navigate to the "dlair emulator" and start it.

if that doesn't work:
1. Create a new "emulator" in attract mode [We'll call this one dlair]
2. Set up everything except your args line..leave it blank
3. Goto the attract folder (the one you have attract mode executable in) using your file manager goto the attract/emulators folder. (once in the attract mode folder you will see an emulators folder open that one.)
4. Make sure you set up Daphne and make it work through the Daphne Loader GUI first!
5. Once it works then in the daphne settings click on "advanced".
6.Then on that "page" where it says show command line...make it say yes. click ok.
7. Now start the game. in the pop up box the command line will be displayed..copy that...click cancel.
8. Then in your emulator configuration in attract mode you paste that line in the args location.
9. Save the dlair.cfg
10. Start attractmode and change to the dlair "emulator" and then start it

A video would be easier yes..however it would not help you set up anything as all paths and setups are different so thus it would be ineffective...grumbles..I guess I can make two of them..one for each operating system..though as I have low end stuff...it would be a bad quality video.
People want life easy..then complain about it

T2 Arcade Repairs

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2016, 11:41:41 AM »
VIDEO INSTRUCTION:
After finally getting this to work I felt compelled to make a YouTube video to help anyone else needing a visual walk-through (Surprised there aren't any other videos on this subject!):

https://youtu.be/hncGYjGRJiA

Thanks for all the help akafox! You RULE! Couldnt have done it without your post! Feel free to correct any wrong info that I included in the video..I think it should be good tho. Works for me.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2016, 10:13:28 PM »
Hey BIG thanks for that!  ;D Actually I did another write up , made some generic configuration files, and even a custom list for Daphne games. I just need to do a little more work on it and get it posted here. Maybe you can do an updated one once I get it posted? (You don't have too as nothing changes) There are some points I'll send to you but over all great job!  8)

T2 Arcade Repairs

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2016, 08:51:02 PM »
Sure, thanks man! Would love to update the vid later if I get a chance. Thanks again for all your help!  :D

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2017, 05:33:17 PM »
These files are pre-configured for ease of use. Make sure to read the readme.txt and hopefully it's explained well enough that it is easy to use.