Author Topic: [V1.0 Release][WIP] Famicom Mini/NES Mini theme  (Read 110476 times)

dumbo0001

• View Profile
Re: [V1.0 Release][WIP] Famicom Mini/NES Mini theme
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2018, 02:19:54 PM »
Great work. Too bad it is not optimized yet for a rpi. It's kinda laggy.
Do you have your work on git? I like to take a look into the code and maybe make some changes.

tproc

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2018, 11:22:24 PM »
has anyone got the scrolling to move as fluid as in the videos?

Yes. (Note: I do not use a raspberry pi, this is just on my PC)

The trick to getting it to run smoothly is listed in OP's post, you have to resize all of your flyer images to 310px height. This is easily and quickly done with the program IrfanView, which if you don't already have you should go download it as it's free and the best lightweight image editor/viewer out there.

To resize your flyers easily, just do this:

Navigate to the top left corner of the screen and go to File > Batch Conversion / Rename

Check the box where it says "Use advanced options (for bulk resize...) and hit the "Advanced" button on the right.

Check the box where it says "Resize" and set only the height to 310px, leave the width blank.

Then navigate to the "flyer" folder of whichever game system's flyers you are resizing. (Should be within the "scraper" folder of your Attract Mode folder)

Select all of the files in the folder and hit "add", then hit the "Start Batch" button in the bottom left. Wait for it to complete and then navigate to C:\TEMP (Or whatever folder you selected for the resized versions to be stored in) and copy or cut all the files. Then just navigate to your Flyer folder, select all files, delete them and replace them with your new files.

This should get it running smoothly on most machines.. I dunno about Raspberry Pi's but I imagine it would help. I would recommend doing this anyways regardless of this theme because there's no sane reason to be using 1000px-2000px size boxart for any frontend.

The only problem I'm having with this theme is I have no idea how to get the background image to change to the right ones for each system. Mine is just stuck on the default.

LegoJedi

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2018, 04:28:34 AM »

The only problem I'm having with this theme is I have no idea how to get the background image to change to the right ones for each system. Mine is just stuck on the default.

It is very easy to change the background images, but you cannot do it within attract mode. You have to do it by renaming files in the downloaded folder.

The layout folder "Famicom Mini Ui" consists of two folders; systems and ui. In order to change the background image for each system, you can start by simply duplicating the "Famicom Mini Ui" folder and rename it as the prefered system you want to crate a layout for.

Say you wanted to create a layout for playstation, rename it as "Playstation Mini Ui" (you can rename it however you like).

After that enter the folder named "systems". Delete (or rename) the files called "default-menu.png" and "default.png".  After that, the final step is to rename the the images you want to use in your layout. In this case rename "playstation-menu.png" to "default-menu.png" and "playstation.png" to "default.png".

After that you are set. Simply add the layout to your system and choose "Playstation Mini Ui" as the layout for your emulator within attract mode.

Edit: Sorry, this was terrible advice! Even though it kind of worked..The much simpler and more appropriate approach to get what you want, is to name the emulators/Displays within attract mode according to the case names used in file "layout.nut" (I believe they are capital sensitive).

Use the following naming conventions:
Playstation
Displays Menu
snes
famicom
Game Boy
Sega Genesis

If the name of the emulator doesn't match any of the names, the default background and settings will be used.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 09:12:17 AM by LegoJedi »

MANU25AGS

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2018, 09:11:14 AM »
Have you tested on a Raspeberry Pi 3 B+?? I'm wondering if disappears the "input lag".

Thank you!

maikolik

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2018, 06:18:56 AM »
Hi people, great job, i love this theme, but i have a problems with info game and games titles, i use windows xp sp3, attach a screenshot with title name error

i dont know how config game info for bottom windows when u press down, anyone can help me please?

sorry for my english xd

I hope you keep improving this great theme

thanks a lot

fadedrobin

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 11, 2018, 10:35:24 AM »
How do I activate a custom background for this theme. like the NES one for example? It keeps on showing the default.

snock

• View Profile
    • Super Сasual Dating - Verified Women
« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2018, 11:05:19 PM »
Fantastic job, could you make the menu for master system?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 11:30:37 AM by snock »

1984mx

• View Profile
    • datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2019, 08:48:14 AM »
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM ON ATTRACT MODE ON WINDOWS 7 ANY FIX?

Hello, Is there anybody with my problem? I'm thinking that there's any broken with this file  Famicom Mini UI.zip because for me it's Not working properly, or I have forgotten something :S
Thank's a lot :)

Have almost the same graphical problem that you have with the box in the top left with a spinning arrow. The control prompts are almost pure white and can hardly be seen. Also, the selection is one off. It shows the border around SMB2, but it's actually selecting the previously shown game. I don't know how to fix it either. Otherwise, everything else seems to work.

procyon

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 02, 2020, 08:52:29 AM »
Hello, I'm new to Attract Mode, and trying to get this theme working.  I notice that when I push up to get to the config, and press the button to enter it, pushing up will change the game I was on and pressing the button will launch it.  I don't want either of these to occur.  Is there something that I'm doing wrong? Any way to correct it?  Thanks very much.

sickle

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2020, 09:58:04 PM »
Hello, I'm new to Attract Mode, and trying to get this theme working.  I notice that when I push up to get to the config and press the button to enter it, pushing up will change the game I was on, and pressing the button will launch it.  I don't want either of these to occur.  Is there something that I'm doing wrong? Anyway to correct it?  Thanks very much.

this is because by default those buttons are set up as [NextGame],[PrevGame], and [select]. just hit tab, scroll up to controls, find previous game, next game in the list, and remove their inputs. remember to use the custom2 input (at the bottom of the controls list) as your selection button while in the mini menu. I hope you like attract mode!

also, if you want to try some other great themes try here: http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=481.0

and finally, I'm gonna shamelessly plug my most recent theme: http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=3397.0
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 08:58:07 AM by sickle »

josehdzjim

• View Profile
Re: [V1.0 Release][WIP] Famicom Mini/NES Mini tema
« Reply #115 on: June 05, 2020, 01:35:27 AM »
Hello, I'm new to Attract Mode, and trying to get this theme working.  I notice that when I push up to get to the config, and press the button to enter it, pushing up will change the game I was on and pressing the button will launch it.  I don't want either of these to occur.  Is there something that I'm doing wrong? Any way to correct it?  Thanks very much.

Hello friend, you just have to look in the code where the assigned buttons "up" and "down" are and change the "break;" by "return true"