Author Topic: App to help view and consolidate year, publishers and genre info across romlists  (Read 2849 times)

farique

• View Profile
Ok, then...
Here is another app I think some of you guys might find useful.

This one shows a list of all years, publishers and genres on your AM romlists and the amount of games using them.
Then you can look for discrepancies and similarities and fix/consolidate/standardize the information across the games/systems.

You can see the games using them and also can edit the information from within the app if you wish.

You can read more about it on the Readme.txt.

*Windows only.

Just one thing:
Be careful if you decide to use the Change feature as it will actually edit your romlists.
(make a backup, please, the app has a button for that)
Last app came with some surprises and bugs. I am the only one actually using them so far and it is hard to infere discrepancies on different systems.

That is it. As always I would love to hear some feedback.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 11:40:55 AM by farique »

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
thanks will check out. ;)
help a friend....

Favdeacon

• View Profile
First and foremost, thanks for sharing your work with the community.

I had to download the zip to check which operating system(s) it is for. It would be nice if you'd add that to your announcement.
Any chance of MacOS and Linux versions, or the source code so that others may try to compile them?

farique

• View Profile
First and foremost, thanks for sharing your work with the community.

I had to download the zip to check which operating system(s) it is for. It would be nice if you'd add that to your announcement.
Any chance of MacOS and Linux versions, or the source code so that others may try to compile them?

You are right, Favdeacon, my bad on specifying the supported system. Fixed.

As for the other OSs. I have programmed it on Autoit, a very Windows integrated script language, so I think a direct conversion will not be possible one my part for now.
I can send the source (messy, amateurish, badly commented) if you, or someone else, want to take a look.

rand0m

• View Profile
Thanks a lot for sharing your apps farique!