Author Topic: Complete collection of SNES PAL boxart/covers  (Read 13553 times)

Nailbomb

• View Profile
Complete collection of SNES PAL boxart/covers
« on: October 27, 2018, 05:21:05 PM »
Hi gang,

I've spent the last year or so restoring and remastering the entire SNES PAL cover collection, as well as transforming the NTSC covers to the more colourful PAL format. It's definitely been a labour of love and would like to share it with anyone that might be interested.

On the SNES Mini I've swapped out all of the USA boxart, as well as tried them out with just about every frontend and I'm extremely happy with how they've come up.

The collection is here: https://github.com/nailbomb-rp/pal-snes-covers and I will update any covers on Github as I find better and sharper scans, but wanted to share these how they currently sit.

Hope this helps someone out with their project, enjoy!

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
Re: Complete collection of SNES PAL boxart/covers
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 07:08:09 PM »
Hope this helps someone out with their project, enjoy!

how could this not,,,,   i will cherish  and use  thanks brother....great job...
help a friend....

rand0m

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 11:56:26 PM »
Great work, thank you for sharing.

calle81

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 10:27:26 AM »
Wow, good stuff! Thanks!

BadFurDay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 03:52:02 AM »
I notice you don't have Super International Cricket, I shared a scan of the box from my own collection on hyperspin forums, hope it helps: https://hyperspin-fe.com/forums/topic/33202-super-nintendo-real-3d-box-set/?page=7

Nailbomb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 01:59:28 AM »
Thanks guys!

BadFurDay: KICKASS, thanks so much man, this helps out bigtime. I'll definitely do a bit of Photoshopping and add to the collection :)

mothra

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 04:00:34 PM »
Good work!

But i must say, at the first look (3 seconds) i already see NTSC games that were PAL faked.

That's not a good way ...like hyperspin artwork (let's fake together some pal for ntsc / ntsc for japanese  artwork or artwork where we are to lazy to find the real one.)

I simply have 3 folders:
Boxart (Europe) contains every PAL cover out there (Germany, Spain usw...)
Boxart (USA)
Boxart (Japan)
and there is none missing.

My friend and I are collectors too, so it's easy to scan the real cover if you don't find it already online.

You have done a good work...but it hurts to see FAKE COVERS in nearly every Artwork source out there.
Suggestion: Mark the faked ones.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 04:12:13 PM by mothra »

Nailbomb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 01:12:33 AM »
mothra: Cheers man, as I said though, it can be extremely difficult to source the original artwork, especially PAL. The vast majority of the PAL scans are really low resolution and unusable. I ended up having to source a lot of the artwork from ebay photos... not exactly prime, but definitely better than what's available elsewhere :)

Mate, that would be fantastic if you would like to scan some artwork for the project! Shoot me over a message, definitely more than happy to remove the fakes and replace if I can. There are some seriously average covers that I'd love to get rid of haha

Cheers!