Author Topic: Rotation plugin and screen resize issues  (Read 4132 times)

bikeguychicago

• View Profile
Rotation plugin and screen resize issues
« on: January 22, 2015, 07:37:45 PM »
AttractMode is basically doing everything I want it to do with the following exceptions:

• am starting AttractMode in rotated so that the vertical games I am running through MAME can appear full-screen. If I run a vertically-oriented game in MAME and exit, AttractMode returns and is displayed in the correct orientation. If I run a MAME game that is normally landscape orientation, the game itself runs in the proper orientation in MAME (though with bars on top and bottom). However, when I exit the game, AttractMode is then rotated again and the orientation of the interface is incorrect. Is there a way to fix this?
  • One of the games I am running is a DirectX game (Fix it Felix) that resizes the screen on launch. When the game is closed, the screen remains in the same resolution at which the game was running, not the native resolution of the screen. This make AttractMode unusable. Is there a way to correct this?

Thanks!
[/list]I

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Rotation plugin and screen resize issues
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 10:18:05 PM »
For #1, in the settings for the Rotation Control plugin: make sure that the "Automatic Rotation" setting is set to "None".

For #2, either enable the "ResFix" plugin or set your default screen resolution to whatever Fix it Felix is setting it to when it runs.

Hope that helps!

bikeguychicago

• View Profile
Re: Rotation plugin and screen resize issues
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 01:55:28 PM »
Thanks!

I'll try the suggestions tonight. Ideally, I would like a MAME cab for vertical games only and one for horizontal games, which would eliminate the first issue, but costs and resources dictate that I can only have one for now.