Author Topic: Multiple MAME playlists with Attract Mode  (Read 2203 times)

wrtervc

• View Profile
Multiple MAME playlists with Attract Mode
« on: October 16, 2019, 07:53:39 AM »
Hi all. I'm new here and need some help with Attract Mode used as a MAME frontend. I wonder whether it is possible to create multiple playlists and then switch between the playlists easily? So for example I want to have a playlist that contains all NeoGeo games and another one that contains various fighter games, some from NeoGeo, and some from CPS1/2/3, and then I want to be able to easily switch between them. I know I can create filters and I could probably abuse Extra field in the MAME romlist file to achieve what I want but it does not seem like the right way of doing things.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple MAME playlists with Attract Mode
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 12:32:44 PM »
The "tagging" feature is likely your best option.

This might give you some ideas. http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1165.msg8455#msg8455

wrtervc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 01:08:06 PM »
Yes, that might be what I'm looking for. Thanks!

rand0m

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 08:39:58 AM »
You can make as many lists as you want, tags and filters can both accomplish that, you can even go for separate diaplys. With filters you can use conditional ones like manufacturer contains Konami, or Category contains fighting etc. With displays you can point all displays to same rom folder (i.e. MAME) and make separate displays for NeoGeo, Konami etc