Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 548429 times)

Yaron2019

Re: Arcadeflow theme v 5.4 [Release] Updated 5 September 2019
« Reply #570 on: September 06, 2019, 07:42:49 AM »
Updated Arcadeflow to 5.4, many bug fixes and a revamped "More of the same..." menu allowing to look for the same tags, favourite states etc.

Lists that are sorted taking articles into account should work now, and of course I added more manufacturer logos :D

Your work on this theme is admirable. It is on the verge of evolving into a front end of its own!  ;D

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #571 on: September 06, 2019, 07:53:07 AM »
Your work on this theme is admirable. It is on the verge of evolving into a front end of its own!  ;D

Thank you! It's a lot of work but also fun... right now I'm doing some experiments with the holy grail of list management: on-the-fly sort order change :D

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 06, 2019, 11:23:53 AM »
on-the-fly sort order change,      bring it on,      please make it into a module!    ;D

help a friend....

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #573 on: September 07, 2019, 08:15:14 AM »
on-the-fly sort order change,      bring it on,      please make it into a module!    ;D

Right now I have a demo layout where the fe.list is copied into a new array, the array can be sorted by some of the game data (manufacturer, year, title etc) and next/prev letter/year/manufacturer are created on the flight.

When the user changes games or goes to prev/next letter this "fake" list is used instead of the standard one, so new magic tokens are needed to manage game data, and when a game is launched the fe.list.index is updated according to the current fake list game. I think if the fe.list.index is updated each time the user changes games on the fake list, standard magic token could be used.

The problem now is transition callback: since games are not in the right order, the "var" value is completely incorrect. A good idea would be to define a global "fakevar" to use in the transition instead of the actual "real" var. Could work... gonna play with it

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 08, 2019, 05:51:56 PM »
would be nice to try,   this code out...does this mean that am can be compiled with the new tokens?  off brand

and at some time committed,,,, ::)
help a friend....

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #575 on: September 08, 2019, 11:19:43 PM »
would be nice to try,   this code out...does this mean that am can be compiled with the new tokens?  off brand

and at some time committed,,,, ::)

This is just a layout code, no change to AM code. It's still very preliminary, dirty and unoptimized... right now you can see in the top part of the screen the game data with usual magic tokens, in the bottom part with the custom magic tokens. They are the same because I'm updating fe.lsit.index at each game change. They de-sync when loading a new gamelist (eg favourite filter) but it's only cosmetic, under the hood everything seems good.

You can check the on the fly reorder using custom1 (sort by year reverse) and custom2 (sort by manufacturer). Again, this is just some code I stitched together in the weekend :D

[EDIT] You can check prev/next game and prev/next letter, they should work. Also right now the "secondary ordering" is taken from the previous state, so if the list was sorted by manufacturer and you sort by year, games with the same year will be sorted by manufacturer. I don't know if I should consider this a but or a feature :O
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 11:32:54 PM by zpaolo11x »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #576 on: September 11, 2019, 06:03:12 AM »
Work on the custom sort is going on, it's bolted on Arcadeflow right now and seems to work pretty well, but I had to tweak so many things under the hood that I need some more time to debug it...

One question for all the users: how do you think "next letter/prev letter" should work? I mean, by default in Attract Mode if you are at letter G, and you go to next letter, it brings you to the first item of the "H" letter, and if you go to prev_letter it brings you to the LAST item in the F. I tweaked Arcadeflow so that it always bring you to the first item of each letter, but maybe this is not intuitive. What do you think?

And what if the list is reversed in order? Should it work the same? Or change?

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 11, 2019, 06:35:30 AM »
I also prefer when you click "next letter/prev letter" that it goes to the first item of each letter. More intuitive (and logical?) that way personally. :)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #578 on: September 11, 2019, 10:24:13 AM »
I also prefer when you click "next letter/prev letter" that it goes to the first item of each letter. More intuitive (and logical?) that way personally. :)

That's my idea too, I'll see if I can implement it and how it works with reversed lists.

If someone wants to play with a VERY preliminary layout, it's a bit slowed down by the huge amount of debug it prints on the console, but should work. Sorting is done in the "utility menu", "nosort" lists should work correctly, there's a layout option to decide if you want to sort by title stripping articles.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 5.5 [Release] Updated 13 September 2019
« Reply #579 on: September 13, 2019, 06:20:34 AM »
Arcadeflow 5.5 is here and, you guess it, you can now sort your games lists on the fly! And save the new sort order through sessions! While the code works, it still needs a lot of polishing and improvements, but from my tests it's fast and reliable. You can access the "Sort by..." menu from the "Utility menu" of Arcadeflow. Maybe a hotkey would be nice, who knows, maybe in a future revision :D

Hope you won't find too many bugs, if so, please report them together with any improvement suggestion!

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 07:20:56 AM by zpaolo11x »

arthurvalenca

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 13, 2019, 11:12:44 AM »
Arcadeflow 5.5 is here and, you guess it, you can now sort your games lists on the fly! And save the new sort order through sessions! While the code works, it still needs a lot of polishing and improvements, but from my tests it's fast and reliable. You can access the "Sort by..." menu from the "Utility menu" of Arcadeflow. Maybe a hotkey would be nice, who knows, maybe in a future revision :D

Hope you won't find too many bugs, if so, please report them together with any improvement suggestion!

Enjoy!

Big thanks!!!!!

but the theme for me is broken it appears that way
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 12:41:30 PM by arthurvalenca »

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #581 on: September 14, 2019, 10:20:06 PM »
!

I have your rom list data so I should be able to replicate and fix the issue, do you see some errors on the console when running attract-console.exe? I’ll have a look at it today and report back

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #582 on: September 15, 2019, 01:14:51 AM »

Try the attached layout.nut, it should fix the issue.

arthurvalenca

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 15, 2019, 11:49:37 AM »
!

I have your rom list data so I should be able to replicate and fix the issue, do you see some errors on the console when running attract-console.exe? I’ll have a look at it today and report back

Here console.

arthurvalenca

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 15, 2019, 11:59:13 AM »

Try the attached layout.nut, it should fix the issue.

Hello Dear!

Even after I put the new layout.nut still encounter some problems, in the images below I marked some.