Author Topic: bug help  (Read 4481 times)

glaysonmestre

• View Profile
bug help
« on: October 20, 2018, 07:33:01 PM »
I installed atractode recently on a pc with windows xp but it appeared a strange bug, when I try to choose the game I press enter and I wait a long time and do not choose the game, but if I change the weel up or down the game will select one of Up or down what can this be? I can not correct :-\

i make video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqw-XlH5YXM

rand0m

• View Profile
Re: bug help
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 01:23:48 AM »
Looks like a theme issue, my guess would be index being -1 or +1.

PS: Wont hurt to double check the controls/ mapping.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 01:34:09 AM by rand0m »

glaysonmestre

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 09:02:36 PM »
 have already looked, I have removed the commands, I have already changed the commands, I have changed the themes, I can not find out what is :-\

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 10:38:28 PM »
XP is over 15 years old and is no longer support by Microsoft. Attract-Mode uses ffmpeg for video rendering. Ffmpeg has dropped support for XP. You can read this https://github.com/mickelson/attract/issues/464 and see another person that recently had issues with XP as well as some special builds just for XP. I don't know if any of this will fix your problem. In the link it's mentioned that Attract-Mode 2.3 works for them on XP.

Windows 7 is the way to go if you want any kind of support and want an older, lighter weight Windows OS. You can shutdown all unnecessary services and processes to it make use even less resources.

Linux is another option that isn't as bloated with unneeded services, processes and GUI.

Really the question is why XP? Old hardware? If that's the case buy a $30 Raspberry Pi and you'll likely have a better experience running Attract-Mode on top of RetroPie.

P.S. You're not going to play these games with a keyboard. Do you have the same issue if you configure a controller? Also, run the console .exe when launching Attract-Mode and see if there is any information shown there that might help resolve your issue.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 10:44:15 PM by progets »

glaysonmestre

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 05:35:57 AM »
I discovered the bad problem I have yet to fix, I was trying to use a program to hide the cmd window that initializes the AM, when I do not use lauch32.exe in the shell the problem does not happen. Does anyone know any other way to hide cmd when starting the system? :(

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 06:28:06 AM »
Newer attractmode is split with two different executables. One includes console, the other does not.

glaysonmestre

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 01:07:19 PM »

Even translating, I could not understand much. I live in Brazil, what should I do? I already have the whole appeal modified by me with my roms I do not want to have to change everything again. where is the download of the latest attract could give me the direct link I'll see what I can do with it

rand0m

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2018, 11:18:40 PM »
Use file listed here > http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=2598.15

Download the file and unzip it
copy the two two .exe files (attract-console.exe & attract.exe) paste them in you attract mode directory
use attract.exe for starting attrcat-mode this will start attrcat-mode without cmd.

glaysonmestre

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2018, 04:05:25 PM »
not work the bcrypt.dll not found