Author Topic: kega fushion Q:  (Read 11733 times)

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
kega fushion Q:
« on: December 18, 2015, 09:55:53 PM »
i have just set up the >emulators>fusion.cfg
and it launches the games just fine.
have my exit key set to "right mouse click"
and when it exits back to MA,,  MA is magnified by say 10%
start a new gasme and exit ,,, magnified 20% and so on  ...
after starting 5 to 6 games and exit its huge.. even when you switch to a diff emulator ?

dreamcast works great
snesx9 works great
mame works great

any one with some insight...   drivers updated...  its almost like when you have a browser open and you "ctrl +" to magnify   thanks
help a friend....

xbs

• View Profile
Re: kega fushion Q:
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 11:59:29 PM »
Try the resfix plugins and if it helps.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 07:21:40 AM »
it's changing your resolution at launch. Either change your screen to that size before you launch it. Or make fusion launch at the screen rez you have set. ex. your rez is 1024x768 set fusion to use that rez. As xbs said though the resfix plug-in may help it what I suggest is not feasible.
People want life easy..then complain about it

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 06:08:53 PM »
so i tried the res-fix.nut fushion    " and it just gos back to a black screen
so i would like to try setting the res for AM  but not sure on were to edit this at or how it should look the script ?

also i would like to add that on my main box fusion works fine in AM win 10  ,,but its on my arcade box win 7 64 is were this is happening ..thanks
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 06:11:39 PM by jedione »
help a friend....

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 06:46:05 PM »
I'm not sure about the rez for AM..normally AM will use the rez of your monitor. That is it will display at the size that your monitor is set at when you start it.

Change your rez to 800x600 and then start AM and then try a fusion game..I bet you will not have a problem

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 08:04:48 AM »
i changed it to to 800x600 and it still does it .   its got to be somthing ells

every time you enter a game and exit am is like a third bigger  after like 10 games,,you are looking at just a
little corner of AM filling the whole screen..

anyway thanks for your replys..    im thinking of reformatting the drive w/ fresh install see if that does it...
help a friend....

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 08:35:17 AM »
so i just found out whats doing it butt dont have a fix for it

so when i start a game and use the keyboard "Esc" to exit fushion it is fine and works
when i use any of the buttons on arcade cabnet as the Exit for the emulator it starts with the funny bizz

so what this means,,   i dont know   mabe it,s AM?   

so i made a fix that works    "i used AHK to make one of the buttons on the arcade cab ,, the Esc key ,,, and set the emulator exit key to Esc
---------
RButton::esc
---------

though this works i would realy like to know why.........
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 08:56:37 AM by jedione »
help a friend....

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 04:19:31 PM »
That's weird.. You do know that you can put -fullscreen in your args line. that loads it in fullscreen at launch..and makes the esc key quit...no need to set a key to escape

example

exacuteable  C:\sega\fusion\fusion.exe
arguments               [romfilename] -fullscreen

I'm thinking you are doing this though...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 04:22:20 PM by akafox »

rsn8887

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 03:09:50 PM »
I briefly encountered this "zoom" problem yesterday but could not reproduce it.

I had some initial problems with Fusion, too. I think ESC just makes it switch from fullscreen back to windowed mode. You could just use ALT-F4, in ahk that is !{F4} to quit it.

Also it might help to set Attract Mode to your screen's native (desktop resolution) or into full windowed mode, and then set Fusion to the same resolution. In case you don't like the blurry hi-res fullscreen look, you could download the .rpi plugin pack for fusion, there's a filter in there that does a nice sharp prescale *2 followed by bilinear filtering for the remaining zoom.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 09:56:30 PM »
I had some initial problems with Fusion, too. I think ESC just makes it switch from fullscreen back to windowed mode. You could just use ALT-F4, in ahk that is !{F4} to quit it.

Yes ESC just switches it from window to fullscreen...but as i said using the fullscreen switch on the command line args should then make the esc key a quit key..or at least that is how I had mine set up..

I also used a program called closmemul http://lustark.com/closemul it can be hard to use but...

just call it first and then your emulator exe  (Thus C:\closeemul.exe C:\mame.exe) as an example it will close any emulator I throw at it with the esc key.

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 06:48:41 PM »
I briefly encountered this "zoom" problem yesterday but could not reproduce it.

Also it might help to set Attract Mode to your screen's native (desktop resolution) or into full windowed mode, and then set Fusion to the same resolution. In case you don't like the blurry hi-res fullscreen look, you could download the .rpi plugin pack for fusion, there's a filter in there that does a nice sharp prescale *2 followed by bilinear filtering for the remaining zoom.

I like how its been named the "Zoom" problem
at least i know im not crazy then.... and yes i do youse a modified ahk for esc & alt f4...works on all my emulators..
-----------------
RButton::esc

;    ----= [ .Esc = Alt-F4 toggle ] =----
+Esc::
Hotkey, Esc, Toggle
Return
;    =========================================

;    ----= [ .Esc = Alt-F4 ] =----
Esc::
SetTitleMatchMode, 2
IfWinNotActive, Firefox
   Send !{F4}
Else
{
   Click left 760, 65
   Send ^w
}
Return
;    =========================================

help a friend....

rsn8887

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 10:58:51 AM »
I found a way to reproduce the zoom problem using the emulator WinVice.

If I set my fullscreen resolution in WinVice to 640*480, start it, and use the exit key to force-quit it, the attract mode menu is zoomed in.

If I instead set the fullscreen resolution in WinVice to my native 1280*1024 everything works perfect.