Author Topic: Noob Control Config Question (X-Arcade Tankstick)  (Read 3380 times)

Doozy8

• View Profile
Noob Control Config Question (X-Arcade Tankstick)
« on: January 24, 2015, 07:32:27 PM »
I am very new to MAME and just found Attract Mode today.  I am currently using a Windows PC running MAME32UI and using an X-Arcade Tankstick.  I am pretty sure I have successfully set up Attract Mode with MAME32UI, I have generated the ROM list and I can see all my games and artwork/marquees in Attracman mode.  The issue I am having is that I cannot select a game from the list that will play.  I have gone into the Controls menu to try to set up one of the buttons on the Tankstick to be the Select button, but nothing is happening.  I can't even select a game using the 2 default keyboard buttons (Control OR Return).  Nothing is happening....Can someone point me in the right direction on how to get this set up and working, please?

Greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

raygun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Noob Control Config Question (X-Arcade Tankstick)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 10:27:02 PM »
I've never tried mame32ui so I'm not sure if it accepts the same command line parameters and the regular mame.

You should try running attractmode from the command window, it will print a message "running xxxx" in the command window whenever it runs a game.  Try selecting a game in attract mode and check what it prints out in the command window, that may provide some clues as to what is going on...