Author Topic: Atract mode not showing most of my games  (Read 3173 times)

Shadow

• View Profile
Atract mode not showing most of my games
« on: May 20, 2018, 10:45:27 PM »
I have 2 systems setup on my attract mode for pc. One of the systems games show, the other systems games do not show at all.

Using Bizhawk emulator and Nevato theme

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Atract mode not showing most of my games
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 11:05:12 PM »
You need to provide a lot more information if you want help. If I have to guess based on your limited information... you didn't generate romlists or you haven't properly setup the emulators for the AttractMode install that doesn't show the games.

If you need more help provide the following files from both installs:
/attractmode/attract.cfg
/attractmode/emulators/<pick one>.cfg (provide the same file for both the working and broken install)
/attractmode/romlists/<pick one>.txt (provide the same file for both the working and broken install)

Shadow

• View Profile

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 08:17:32 PM »
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mFhI7JJA9pikh6WEopSfm61NJKxecIig?usp=sharing

This has everything you would need.

I can see that your FDS.cfg file has artwork paths defined as seen here
Code: [Select]
# Generated by Attract-Mode v2.3.0
#
executable           C:\Users\lrpan\Desktop\Atract Mode\attract-v2.3.0-win64\emulators\BizHawk-2.2.2\EmuHawk.exe
args                 "[romfilename]"
rompath              C:\Users\lrpan\Desktop\Atract Mode\attract-v2.3.0-win64\roms\FDS
romext               .zip
system               Famicom Disk System
info_source          thegamesdb.net
artwork    flyer           C:\Users\lrpan\Desktop\Atract Mode\attract-v2.3.0-win64\roms\FDS\flyer
artwork    marquee         C:\Users\lrpan\Desktop\Atract Mode\attract-v2.3.0-win64\roms\FDS\marquee
artwork    snap            C:\Users\lrpan\Desktop\Atract Mode\attract-v2.3.0-win64\roms\FDS\snap
artwork    wheel           C:\Users\lrpan\Desktop\Atract Mode\attract-v2.3.0-win64\roms\FDS\wheel

Your SNES.cfg doesn't have any artwork paths defined as you can see below.
#
executable           C:\Users\lrpan\Desktop\Atract Mode\attract-v2.3.0-win64\emulators\BizHawk-2.2.2\EmuHawk.exe
rompath              C:\Users\lrpan\Desktop\Atract Mode\attract-v2.3.0-win64\roms\SNES
romext               .smc
system               Super Nintendo (SNES)
artwork    flyer           
artwork    marquee         
artwork    snap           
artwork    wheel           

You need to setup/define the paths to your SNES artwork in the SNES.cfg so you can see them in AttractMode. Assuming you have the artwork and it's stored in the same way as your FDS collection your modified SNES.cfg would look like this.
#
rompath              C:\Users\lrpan\Desktop\Atract Mode\attract-v2.3.0-win64\roms\SNES
artwork    flyer           C:\Users\lrpan\Desktop\Atract Mode\attract-v2.3.0-win64\roms\SNES\flyer
artwork    marquee         C:\Users\lrpan\Desktop\Atract Mode\attract-v2.3.0-win64\roms\SNES\marquee
artwork    snap            C:\Users\lrpan\Desktop\Atract Mode\attract-v2.3.0-win64\roms\SNES\snap
artwork    wheel           C:\Users\lrpan\Desktop\Atract Mode\attract-v2.3.0-win64\roms\SNES\wheel

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 08:41:35 PM »

Your SNES.cfg doesn't have any artwork paths defined as you can see below.
#
artwork    flyer           
artwork    marquee         
artwork    snap           
artwork    wheel           

You need to setup/define the paths to your SNES artwork in the SNES.cfg so you can see them in AttractMode. Assuming you have the artwork and it's stored in the same way as your FDS collection your modified SNES.cfg would look like this.
#
artwork    flyer           C:\Users\lrpan\Desktop\Atract Mode\attract-v2.3.0-win64\roms\SNES\flyer
artwork    marquee         C:\Users\lrpan\Desktop\Atract Mode\attract-v2.3.0-win64\roms\SNES\marquee
artwork    snap            C:\Users\lrpan\Desktop\Atract Mode\attract-v2.3.0-win64\roms\SNES\snap
artwork    wheel           C:\Users\lrpan\Desktop\Atract Mode\attract-v2.3.0-win64\roms\SNES\wheel
[/quote]

Thanks

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 08:53:18 PM »
So I did that and the snes games showed up, but now the FDS games have disappeared. 

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 09:10:43 PM »
Never mind i figured it out