Author Topic: Attract-Mode can't roms on external hard drive (Ubuntu) PLEASE HELP!  (Read 2376 times)

mcarra

• View Profile
I am new to installing Attract-Mode on Ubuntu. I got it all installed but the thing is I got my external hard drive partitioned and the roms are on a separate partition.

When I add the roms location to the config file  it looks like this:

/media/username/partition  name/folder/company name/console

/media/mcarr/Arcade/Roms/Atari/2600

I have all my consoles set up like that and got no luck Attract-Mode finding the roms. I even tried to remove the /media and the /username and no luck. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. I been banging my head against the wall now for awhile and still cant get it to work.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Attract-Mode can't roms on external hard drive (Ubuntu) PLEASE HELP!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 03:43:45 PM »
On the command line go to the folder with your roms and type "pwd" and then press "Enter". The path displayed is what you should use in your configuration file.

mcarra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 04:49:42 PM »
When you said command line are you talking about terminal in Linux? I am using Ubuntu and not Windows.

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 06:00:05 PM »
When you said command line are you talking about terminal in Linux? I am using Ubuntu and not Windows.

pwd is a Linux/Unix command for Present Working Directory, and will show full path of the current working directory. So cd to your path and then run the pwd command.

https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/pwd-linux-unix-command-examples/

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 06:52:27 PM »
As keilmillerjr points out, this is a Linux command. Based on your post title "Ubuntu" I understand you're using Linux and not Windows.

I said "command line" but you can interchange that with "console", "terminal" or any other term that means the text only mode of the operating system.