Author Topic: Music Video Jukebox Attract Mode (Finished)  (Read 1258 times)

PittStone

• View Profile
Music Video Jukebox Attract Mode (Finished)
« on: March 05, 2022, 02:14:48 PM »
Music Video Jukebox

Finaly i realized my Music Video Jukebox with Attract Mode.
It has a Timer to Show after Video Ends till to next One and plays it.
I can activate scanlines for Old Videos, too. :D 

Help are Welcome.
Maybe we can work together to make it better with some new Ideas or plugins.

Its not Released yet. Its showing up first Time.

https://youtu.be/iTdAWRCj5co

Mark Norville

• View Profile
Re: Music Video Jukebox Attract Mode (Finished)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2022, 02:30:47 PM »
Wow love it, and believe me that is high praise.

Negative constructive criticism

I do not like wheels so I hate seeing what you have done for the wheel here. If you can create a wheel, but without it looking like a wheel then you have cracked it. The hyperspin wheel round boxes with just does not appeal to me.

However, it is your baby and as long as you are happy with it, that is the main thing.

I can imagine that would be fantastic for movies as well and TV shows.

I would actually use this.

Regards

Mark
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

Computer Specs : I7 3770K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Win 10
HD Specs : 1 x 1 TB SSD + 4 x 8 TB = 33 TB (fullish)
First system : ZX81 (Yes I am an old fart)
PS Network : MarkNorvile
Xbox : Mark Norville

PittStone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 03:08:15 PM »
@Mark Norville "I can imagine that would be fantastic for movies as well and TV shows."

The Biggest Problem is, that Attract Mode cant play normal .mkv or .mp4 without desynchronizing Audio from Video. I have converted many Video formats and framerates and audio formats.  The Only best working solution is, to convert all MusicVideos to .avi container but with .h264 (thats normal for .mkv) and .ac3 audio (something other will work to). Copy existent video and audio streams (.mp4)  to .avi container alone, will desynchronizing Audio, too. It must be Complete new Converted to .avi container in .h264 video.

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 11:46:20 PM »
Sod that then, I have 30,000 movies I am not going to convert all of that lot lol

If you have to do that with music videos, sadly a lot of people are not going to use this. The majority especially the new stuff is MP4, I stopped using my jukebox years ago now as I got sick and tired of tagging. I cannot see me using this now then if you have to recode everything.

Not your fault, but a massive downside to AM

I do have a plan though, we could turn it into a game launcher instead, I bet no one has thought about creating a front end that launches emulators. I am going to be rich with that idea. Seriously though, I would use this as a front end or a theme should I say for maybe movie based games, such as robocop, rambo, tomb raider etc.

Regards

Mark
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 12:45:45 AM by Mark Norville »
Well I am back a new PC I7 4790K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Windows 10. Hopefully will get delivered at weekend.

Computer Specs : I7 3770K, 780 TI, 16 Gigs, Win 10
HD Specs : 1 x 1 TB SSD + 4 x 8 TB = 33 TB (fullish)
First system : ZX81 (Yes I am an old fart)
PS Network : MarkNorvile
Xbox : Mark Norville