Author Topic: NOOB newbie questions, first time Linux Ubuntu 14.04 LTS .....need help please?  (Read 32154 times)

Bsoder52

• View Profile
Working on my windows clrmamepro install, but realized when i went to download the 152 version of MAME, that my Windows PC is a 32bit and my Linux set-up is 64 bit.  Will it work to run clrmamepro to audit roms on a 32 and then load the roms to the 64bit pc?

akafox

• View Profile
If your machine is 32 bit and you want to move the roms to a 64 bit that is not a problem at all. This is why only the people that want to learn do emulation at all. To learn...it's a hell of a lot of hard work! But once it's done it's worth it. Now i won't be as awesome as this guy though! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cYB5DOP5E4 I hope pinmame and visual pinball are still around when I go to build my pinball machine..like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9RULBcZT_M
People want life easy..then complain about it

Bsoder52

• View Profile
Made some progress.  Got my profile set up and what not for CLRMame, went to scanner and it told me my rom path was not defined and to go to settings and do that.  So went to settings, pointed the rom path to my rom folder...but can't seem to get out of this windows box and back to the scanner option....options are set as default and save as def.

akafox

• View Profile
That is a pop-up window you save your settings and then close it down by clicking the x. The program itself is still there. It's confusing..I wondered myself the first time.
People want life easy..then complain about it

Bsoder52

• View Profile
Running a rebuild for my 152s!
:)

Bsoder52

• View Profile
Well after the rebuild I went and dumped them onto my Linux Attract Mode set-up.  Refreshed the MAME games list and many work, many do not.  Noticeably all the larger game files have issues.  All the Street Fighter games after the first one only load 90-99% and then fail.  Those are the games that I'd play the most.  arg.