Poll

Shall I go with this new look? Screenshot on Page 11

Yes
No

Author Topic: Ambience HD theme v0.8 beta [Released]  (Read 94668 times)

sickle

• View Profile
Re: Ambience HD theme [WIP]
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2018, 07:35:37 PM »
hey, Oomek.
just wanted to say that i love all your work. (i currently use the silky theme)

PS: is there any way you can release a beta version of this?

Oomek

• Administrator
  • Radek Dutkiewicz
    • View Profile
    • github.com/oomek
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2018, 03:13:13 AM »
Andrew is in a process of merging my contributions to the Attract Mode on which my theme heavily relies on, so you have to be a bit more patient, It will be released as soon as the AM 2.5.0 is out

Giacomo1982

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2018, 03:34:03 PM »
Andrew is in a process of merging my contributions to the Attract Mode on which my theme heavily relies on, so you have to be a bit more patient, It will be released as soon as the AM 2.5.0 is out

Good news! I'm so happy!!!

igarikoitz

• View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2018, 11:16:51 AM »
Hello, I introduce myself: I am igarikoitz, creator of the themes Aurora, Aura and Aura 4K for RetroFE.

After watching your latest video about the Ambience HD theme that you are doing, the possibility of the Frond-end Attrack Mode to create the themes has been powerfully called to me.

In August I have vacations in my work and I am considering studying the theme system used by Attrack Mode, to create a version of Aura 4K.

In any case, Oomek very good design. Keep it up so it's getting very impressive.

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2018, 07:09:26 PM »
welcome.....amazing ,crisp and clean.... ;D
help a friend....

Oomek

• Administrator
  • Radek Dutkiewicz
    • View Profile
    • github.com/oomek
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2018, 09:30:04 AM »
Hello, I introduce myself: I am igarikoitz, creator of the themes Aurora, Aura and Aura 4K for RetroFE.

After watching your latest video about the Ambience HD theme that you are doing, the possibility of the Frond-end Attrack Mode to create the themes has been powerfully called to me.

In August I have vacations in my work and I am considering studying the theme system used by Attrack Mode, to create a version of Aura 4K.

In any case, Oomek very good design. Keep it up so it's getting very impressive.

I'm happy that I'm the source of your inspiration. AM api is maybe hard to learn for the beginner, but if you spend some time dissecting other themes you will learn quickly and appreciate the versatility Squirrel provides.

crawlingpeter

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2018, 03:33:05 PM »
I can't wait for 2.5.0 simply because it means this theme will be out!

crawlingpeter

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2018, 03:24:25 PM »

I see that the next version has just been released on Github! :D :D :D

JC10001

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2018, 05:54:16 PM »
I can't wait for this to release.  :)

dark1973

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2018, 01:07:12 AM »
Great work!!! theme is woderful. I'm waiting release

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2018, 07:33:41 AM »
I can't wait for 2.5.0 simply because it means this theme will be out!

we just went to 2.4,    does this mean we wait another year for 2.5 till release?
help a friend....

Oomek

• Administrator
  • Radek Dutkiewicz
    • View Profile
    • github.com/oomek
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2018, 07:53:02 AM »
I want to be perfectly honest with you. I started rewritting the theme, but in the meantime I got distracted and started experimenting with asynchronous loading of images for AttractMode. I’ve underestimated the complexity of the task and it’s taking longer as I thought it would.
Here’s a little demo and as you can see I load almost 300 snaps in 100ms while preserving smooth 60fps.

https://youtu.be/xYKcS_rrjpM

I can drop it and finish Ambience, but you have to answer it for yourself, what is more important, finishing my theme, or async image loading for AM ;)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2018, 08:09:05 AM »
I can drop it and finish Ambience, but you have to answer it for yourself, what is more important, finishing my theme, or async image loading for AM ;)

That's a tough choice :D I'm a fan of Ambience HD but I also would like async image loading for my theme... and that would mean I'll have to re-rewrite it... all of this is FUN :D

Oomek

• Administrator
  • Radek Dutkiewicz
    • View Profile
    • github.com/oomek
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2018, 08:11:19 AM »
I don’t think you would have to rewrite your theme as async loading will be done by Attract Mode internally.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2018, 08:25:00 AM »
I don’t think you would have to rewrite your theme as async loading will be done by Attract Mode internally.

Even better. But I'll find some other reason to rewrite my theme, I'm sure :D