Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 548376 times)

Enkak

• View Profile
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 4.8 [Release] Updated 17 June 2019
« Reply #450 on: June 17, 2019, 03:25:41 AM »
Oh great news, thank you again :)

arthurvalenca

• View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 18, 2019, 09:43:17 AM »
simply wonderful, I use only this theme in my AM, for being the most complete and functional. but I would like to leave here an idea, I use it with the mame and boxart, I would like to see if after the box image has appeared it will wait for 2 seconds and start to run the video, just like it and by default. another details that I'm encountering and with the part where the letters are down there, we have the following scenario, starts with ', A there he jumps to T and later he repeats the letter T.

Big Thanks.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #452 on: June 18, 2019, 01:15:54 PM »
Another details that I'm encountering and with the part where the letters are down there, we have the following scenario, starts with ', A there he jumps to T and later he repeats the letter T.

This was an old issue, strange to see it again, it's due to games starting with "The" or "Vs.". Can you send me your mame romlist so I can check? You can find it in the attract mode folder, romlists subfolder. If you don't want to attach here send it to paolo.zago@gmail.com

arthurvalenca

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 18, 2019, 03:12:33 PM »
Thank you for the attention I will be putting my romlist here so you can download.

Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/i2973wgvs9g4i9f/Arcade_Romlist.txt/file

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #454 on: June 18, 2019, 11:06:58 PM »
Thank you for the attention I will be putting my romlist here so you can download.

I just checked with your romlist and it seems to work fine on my rig, so the issue is somewhere else, if you want you can share the mame.cfg and attract.cfg from your setup. Also, if you can run from console

attract-console --loglevel debug

and share the log, that would be helpful.

It seems it's a problem related to the sorting of your romlist/filter.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #455 on: June 19, 2019, 03:13:16 AM »
simply wonderful, I use only this theme in my AM, for being the most complete and functional. but I would like to leave here an idea, I use it with the mame and boxart, I would like to see if after the box image has appeared it will wait for 2 seconds and start to run the video, just like it and by default.

This is something I'm thinking about, but there are some issues, for example if the box-art or flyer is vertical (like arcade or Genesis), the gameplay video would be severely cropped, or the tile will have to change shape from vertical to horizontal, which can't be done easily in current AF implementation.

I'll see what can be done, adding cropped videos is not difficult in this case, if the cropping doesn't look too bad I'll do it. Shape-shifting box art and thumbs would be a drastic change and require a rewrite which I'm already thinking about, but that will take much more time.

EDIT: This is an implementation of the cropped video thumbs for boxart mode, it's still rough and not tested thoroughly but you can have a look at it and see if you like it...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 03:40:29 AM by zpaolo11x »

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 19, 2019, 04:23:05 AM »

I just checked with your romlist and it seems to work fine on my rig, so the issue is somewhere else, if you want you can share the mame.cfg and attract.cfg from your setup. Also, if you can run from console

attract-console --loglevel debug

and share the log, that would be helpful.

It seems it's a problem related to the sorting of your romlist/filter.

A test that I just did. If you delete all the filters (including "All" and Favourites") the arcade collection LabeList will appear messed up for example so maybe that's related to arthurvalenca issue if some of the main filters that AM creates by default were deleted.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #457 on: June 19, 2019, 05:14:58 AM »
A test that I just did. If you delete all the filters (including "All" and Favourites") the arcade collection LabeList will appear messed up for example so maybe that's related to arthurvalenca issue if some of the main filters that AM creates by default were deleted.

Wow you nailed it, in the past I fixed the routine so that if no filters were present it still worked, but I never tested it if you removed also the "Global Filter". I'll fix this asap

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #458 on: June 19, 2019, 05:21:23 AM »
You can try this layout.nut, this should fix most issues when you don't have filters

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 4.7 [Release] Updated 12 June 2019
« Reply #459 on: June 19, 2019, 05:22:39 AM »

With the patched layout nut, so far so good.  I'll play with it some more and report if anything changes.

I've made some changes with this temporary layout, could you test it on your romlist and tell me if it has the issue or not? That would be really helpful

arthurvalenca

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 19, 2019, 06:36:45 AM »
Oh my god!

this layout.nut that you sent was perfect, you solved the problem of the letter orders and still put the video to work after the selection of the game, it was simply wonderful, your work and very professional, only one question could put a greater delay to when I select the box, I think that about 2 seconds would be ideal, thanks for the help.

*Letters fix.
*Watching videos in boxart mode ok.

Big Thanks!!!!

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #461 on: June 19, 2019, 06:45:32 AM »
this layout.nut that you sent was perfect, you solved the problem of the letter orders and still put the video to work after the selection of the game, it was simply wonderful, your work and very professional, only one question could put a greater delay to when I select the box, I think that about 2 seconds would be ideal, thanks for the help.

Thank you for the good comments, happy you like Arcadeflow :) I think I can add the delay, maybe I'll put an option for that in the layout options so anyone can tune it to their needs.

arthurvalenca

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 19, 2019, 06:52:19 AM »
Actually I do not see problems in putting the videos even if they cut, because the layout has the option to predict the game, but on the main screen I found the videos and the boxes to be the same size, it does not disturb me at all. I really have abandoned all the other consoles to use only MAME, but this thema I will always use, in my opinion is the best and most complete.

dukpoki

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 19, 2019, 12:20:23 PM »
The modified layout you've made for arthurvalenca is wicked!  I think the crop actually looks good!

Thank you for making the "clean" mode.  It's very minimal and nice.  There is one thing I do wish you could modify though and that is for your region info to have more detection.  Is there any way to make it so that every parenthesis (and not just the first) in the title can be detected and displayed?

For example, let's say I have four different roms of the same game:

1.  Final Fantasy VI (USA)
2.  Final Fantasy VI (Japan)
3.  Final Fantasy VI (Japan) (English Translated)
4.  Final Fantasy VI (USA) (Beta) (Hacked)

Currently..  It only shows USA for 1 & 4 and Japan for 2 & 3.

I use a code like this for my own layouts and it works fine:

Code: [Select]
function trimmed_name( index_offset ) {
    local s = split( fe.game_info( Info.Title, index_offset ), "(" );
    if ( s.len() > 0 )
        return s[0];

return "";
}

// gets the second part of the game name, after the "("
function subname1( index_offset ) {
local s = split( fe.game_info( Info.Title, index_offset ), "(" )
local s2 = ""
if ( s.len() > 1 ) {
s2 = split(s[1],")")
return s2[0]
}
return ""
}

// gets the third part of the game name, after the "("
function subname2( index_offset ) {
local s3 = ""
if ( s.len() > 2 ) {
s3 = split(s[2],")")
return ", " + s3[0]
}
return ""
}

// gets the fourth part of the game name, after the "("
function subname3( index_offset ) {
local s4 = ""
if ( s.len() > 3 ) {
s4 = split(s[3],")")
return ", " + s4[0]
}
return ""
}

// Any blank--if no text after parenthesis, then sends N/A
function subname4( index_offset ) {
local s5 = ""
if ( s.len() > 1 ) {
s5 = split(s[1],")")
return ""
}
return "N/A"
}

local region_text =fe.add_text("",100, 100, 500, 22 )

fe.add_transition_callback( "update_game_info" )
function update_game_info( ttype, var, ttime )
{
    if ( ttype == Transition.StartLayout || ttype == Transition.ToNewList || ttype == Transition.EndNavigation )
    {
region_text.msg = subname1 (var) + subname2 (var) + subname3 (var) + subname4 (var) ;

}
    return false;
}

I'm sure though there might be a better way than I have implemented.

dukpoki

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 19, 2019, 02:38:04 PM »
For some pics there are some weird aspect ratio/not-fitting-properly problems going on.

Here is an example:

Look at the left of the Policenauts boxart.  I've attached the original boxart image which is 800x672.