Author Topic: Romlist?  (Read 5760 times)

retrogam3

• View Profile
Romlist?
« on: December 05, 2018, 07:36:55 AM »
Any way to create a rom list based off games that are actually shown in AM? What I want to do is create a mame set using only the 700 games that are shown in my mame view. There are filters that are hiding the other thousands of unused games from view but I want to actually see what roms and path AM is opening on only these 700 games.

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Romlist?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 02:38:31 PM »
You could output the current list to terminal, and then copy it from terminal.

retrogam3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 02:47:15 PM »
How do I output list to terminal?

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 07:21:48 PM »
One or more filter rules can also be applied when importing or building a romlist from the command line using the "--filter " option. So for example the following command line:

Code: [Select]
attract --build-romlist mame --filter "Rotation equals 90|270"
will build a romlist that contains only the vertical games in your collection. The can be specified in exactly the same format as how filter rules are specified in Attract-Mode's attract.cfg file.
from here https://github.com/mickelson/attract/blob/v2.4.0/Readme.md

retrogam3

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 04:22:25 AM »
Thank You for this it is extremely helpful. I am sorry I missed it or didn't understand it to begin with. I am using Windows BTW. I have never built the rom list from CMD. I have always just been using generate collection/romlist and editing the rom list file manually in Notepad++. Now I just have to figure out how to write the cmd so it will only output what I actually see in AM. I have to add the filters and rules in the CMD. Thanks again!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 05:16:19 AM by xev1n »

retrogam3

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 06:25:09 AM »
Is this how I would write my CMD?:

attract --build-romlist mame --filter "Tags not_contains HIDE,Year not_contains ?,Manufacturer not_contains bootleg,Control not_contains gambling,CloneOf not_equals .*" --output <MAME2>

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 12:04:13 PM »
1. Using AttractMode 2.4 or newer on Window you need to use the "attract-console.exe" executable (AM older than 2.4 uses the "attract.exe" executable) to build romlists from the console
2. When using Windows you need to use the proper command line switches (i.e. -b instead of --build-romlist, -F instead of --filter, etc.)
3. To view the proper switches in Windows you can use "attract-console.exe -h" or "attract.exe -h" (depending on your version of AM)

Here's what your command would be (or at least close)
attract-console.exe -b MAME -F "Tags not_contains HIDE" -F "Year not_contains ?" -F "Manufacturer not_contains bootleg" -F "Control not_contains gambling" -F "CloneOf not_equals .*" -o MAME2
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 10:28:36 PM by progets »

FrizzleFried

• View Profile
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 12:16:45 PM »
I like to use this nifty little system to make my attract mode romlists...

http://adb.arcadeitalia.net/lista_mame.php

You can change the language to english/italian.
Visit my arcade blog ... www.idahogaragecade.com (updated 06-27-19)

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 10:40:24 PM »

Cool tool and looks interesting but I don't think it will get the detail that xev1n is trying to achieve.

I quickly looked at your link and plan to look further later. It looks promising but I question if some of the additional fields in the AM romlist header output actually work or provide benefit.

retrogam3

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 04:34:26 AM »
1. Using AttractMode 2.4 or newer on Window you need to use the "attract-console.exe" executable (AM older than 2.4 uses the "attract.exe" executable) to build romlists from the console
2. When using Windows you need to use the proper command line switches (i.e. -b instead of --build-romlist, -F instead of --filter, etc.)
3. To view the proper switches in Windows you can use "attract-console.exe -h" or "attract.exe -h" (depending on your version of AM)

Here's what your command would be (or at least close)
attract-console.exe -b MAME -F "Tags not_contains HIDE" -F "Year not_contains ?" -F "Manufacturer not_contains bootleg" -F "Control not_contains gambling" -F "CloneOf not_equals .*" -o MAME2

Thanks! This worked perfectly!!!!

FrizzleFried

• View Profile
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2018, 09:31:57 AM »

Cool tool and looks interesting but I don't think it will get the detail that xev1n is trying to achieve.

I quickly looked at your link and plan to look further later. It looks promising but I question if some of the additional fields in the AM romlist header output actually work or provide benefit.

I used it to generate lists primarily by manufacturer,  monitor orientation,  and input device (trackball/spinner list for horizontal cabs,  for example)...

Visit my arcade blog ... www.idahogaragecade.com (updated 06-27-19)