Author Topic: Arcade control friendly console exclusives  (Read 2591 times)

akafox

• View Profile
Arcade control friendly console exclusives
« on: August 16, 2019, 03:45:57 PM »
So I was given and OLD (single core 32-bit "made for windows XP") machine. Perfect for a Arcade cabinet right?! :D

I have Advance Mame loaded on it and mame 130 for the games that advmame won't run well. A version of "fastmame"..yes it is older than advance mame. I have DICE and Daphne and ZiNC. I wish zinc was still being maintained but hey I get it. So ZiNC will run Street Fighter EX and some other games well enough..however some it will not run well at all. Solution? Use a PSX emulator of course! :D

So I did.

But then I got to thinking..what other games that are console exclusives would work well on an arcade cabinet?

Well there is Weapon Lord for the SNES and Genesis..Clay Fighter as well...I am not gonna use the SNES version of Killer Instinct I can already run the arcade version!

Puzzle games?...what about Panel De Pon (tetris attack) maybe even I.Q. on the PSX I wouldn't want to play Shining Force on my arcade cabinet of course! Nor would I want to hold down a button (L/R1 or L/R2) while needing to press another button e.g. Crash Team Racing..games like that REALLY need a real controller..but you get the idea.

So what so you think I should put on there? Let me know and I'll update the list here. And let's try to keep away from ports..yes kirby's ghost trap would work great..but it is a port of an ARCADE game (Puyo Puyo). Though there may be a few exceptions

If there is the same game for two or more systems list them anyway. The person can just pick the version they want .

This will be good for others that want to do the same. You can list ANY system. The point here is console exclusives or ports that work on other emulators better than MAME can emulate them at the moment that are arcade control friendly. You (the cabinet builder) knows what your system can handle.  (And note most arcade panels are one/two stick six button layouts) Just break them down neatly by system :)

Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)
Weapon Lord (Fighting) [I miss my X-Band!]
Clay Fighter (Fighting)
Bombliss (Puzzle)
Tetris Battle Gaiden (Puzzle)
Tetris 2 (Puzzle)
Panel  De Pon (Puzzle)

Sega Master System (SMS)
Baku Baku Animal (Puzzle)

Sega Megadrive/Genesis (SMD)
Clay Fighter (Fighting)
Weapon Lord (Fighting)
Enteral Champions (Fighting)
Brutal: Paws of Fury (Fighting)
Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Dark Side (Fighting)

Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
Pro Wresting (sports)
Super Spike V' Ball [yeah it is a port but MAME does not emulate it well] (sports)

PC Engine/Turbo Grafx-16 (PCE/TG16)
Asuka 120% Maxima: BURNING Fest. (Fighter)

Playstation 1 (PSX)
Advanced V.G. (Fighter)
Advanced V.G. 2 (Fighter)
Asuka 120% Excellent: BURNING Fest. (Fighter)
Asuka 120% Final: BURNING Fest. (Fighter)
Asuka 120% Special: BURNING Fest. (Fighter)
Battle Arena Toshinden (Fighter)
Battle Arena Toshinden 3 (Fighter)
I.Q. Intelligent Qube
Devil Dice (Puzzle)
Poy Poy (Party)
Bushido Blade (Fighter)
Bushido Blade 2 (Fighter)
Zero Divide (Fighter)
Zero Divide 2: The Secret Wish (Fighter)

Playstation 2 (PS2)
Playstation 3 (PS3)
X-Box (xbox)
Sega Saturn (SAT)
Sega Dreamcast (SDC)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 01:52:04 PM by akafox »
People want life easy..then complain about it

Favdeacon

• View Profile
Re: Arcade control friendly console exclusives
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 11:24:03 PM »
I recently stumbled upon this video about console games that might be better than their arcade versions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vsL4QKMnlg

Not exactly the console exclusives that you asked for, but maybe still worth a look if they're really better than the arcade. The video's creator explains elaborately why he sees them as such.