Author Topic: Attract Mode + GroovyMAME - Not Switching to GroovyMAME  (Read 2750 times)

mondaiji

• View Profile
Attract Mode + GroovyMAME - Not Switching to GroovyMAME
« on: December 06, 2018, 11:03:33 PM »
After running an outdated version of AttractMode and MAME romset I decided to upgrade with the free time I have over the festive season.

I'm running into an issue which appears that AttraceMode is not switching over correctly to GroovyMAME. AttractMode launces the ROM as you can hear the ROM's sound playing away in the background and I can insert credits and use my controls. Yes, I can load the ROM through the mame64 binary without an issue.

The last version I was using was attract-v2.3.0-win64. Has something changed with the latest version (attract-v2.5.1-win64) that I need to do differently?

I'm running Windows 7.

I read another post about this topic and the user only resolved it by going to an older version.

Thanks.

mondaiji

• View Profile
Re: Attract Mode + GroovyMAME - Not Switching to GroovyMAME
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 12:59:51 AM »
I just got some time to test every version from the latest to the last working version of AttractMode. attract-v2.4.0-win64 works fine with anything after that not working.

Could this change have anything to do with it?
https://github.com/mickelson/attract/pull/467

Any ideas of what I can do?

rand0m

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 01:36:05 AM »
I also have a flickering problem post 2.4.0 and I too think its a focus issue (with focus not properly shifting). raygun linked a fixed v2.5.1 in this thread which solved the flickering problem. Thread: http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=2598.15 (first post).

mondaiji

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 02:31:17 AM »
Awesome attract-v2.5.1-1-win64b fixed it.