Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 17.1 [Release] Updated 22 March 2024  (Read 548372 times)

tekn0

• View Profile
Re: My first theme! Smooth grid :) [Preview]
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2018, 08:58:15 AM »
This looks great, is it working on the Pi3?
 I would love to test it.

tekn0

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2018, 08:59:26 AM »
I'm sure you've wanted it to look really minimal, but maybe adding some light semi-translucent background under the text could spice it up a little.
I've also added a little shadow under that title bar.

This looks great. I much prefer the logos contained inside of the preview image.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2018, 10:22:22 PM »
This looks great. I much prefer the logos contained inside of the preview image.

I'm ironing out some quirks and cleaning up the code before release, I have no idea of the performance on a Pi3 but it should work (I hope). The logos inside the snaps... I have to try it, since the snaps are all different orientations that would mean smaller logos, but I'll check if it looks better :)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: My first theme! Arcadeflow v 1.0 [Release]
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2018, 10:15:28 PM »
The first release is online, go back to the first post of this message and try it :)

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2018, 07:18:57 AM »
wow,  i am impressed i think you have some talent here
i love this theme....thanks boss 8)
help a friend....

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2018, 11:07:14 AM »

Thank you so much! I just found an easier way to process the blurred backgrounds:

crop to 480x480
scale to 32x32
apply gaussian blur 9x9 pixels

this gives a result that's almost identical to the previous method, but the file size is way smaller (like 500 bytes instead of 15 KB).

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2018, 09:45:35 AM »

Thank you so much! I just found an easier way to process the blurred backgrounds:

crop to 480x480
scale to 32x32
apply gaussian blur 9x9 pixels

this gives a result that's almost identical to the previous method, but the file size is way smaller (like 500 bytes instead of 15 KB).

this will be helpful for the pi i think....will try this theme on pi3 this weekend  and give you an update..thanks
help a friend....

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 1.1 [Release]
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2018, 07:43:30 AM »
Revision 1.1 is out with some tweaks and a couple of visual changes!

FrizzleFried

• View Profile
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2018, 12:59:50 PM »
I wonder what I could be doing wrong.  I unzip to my LAYOUTS folder... when I select Arcadeflow Theme it simply shows a tanish background... a could of white highlighted boxes... and that is it.  No videos.  No snaps.  No marquees.  Etc.

Under Layout options there is nothing to change to vertical mode or any such thing.

Am I supposed to configure folder locations, etc or something somewhere?

Thanks!

EDIT: I just tried this in 3.811 by just dropping it in the LAYOUTS-ATTRACT folder on the BOOT drive (I'm using an ARpiCADE BTW)...

...nope.  It just crashes... essentially doing nothing but making the layout that was active prior "stick" ...

I am not sure if it's just incompatible with the Pi3?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 01:37:16 PM by FrizzleFried »
Visit my arcade blog ... www.idahogaragecade.com (updated 06-27-19)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2018, 02:04:03 PM »
I wonder what I could be doing wrong.  I unzip to my LAYOUTS folder... when I select Arcadeflow Theme it simply shows a tanish background... a could of white highlighted boxes... and that is it.  No videos.  No snaps.  No marquees.  Etc.

Wow that is not good, not good at all. I'm not sure if the theme is compatible with the Pi, I can't check it, but have you followed the instruction for the creation of the "blur" art category, to obtain the blurred backgrounds? Maybe I can add it as an option so if you don't want/can't generate blurred backgrounds you can still use the theme with a simple background...

There is no option for vertical display because the theme should adapt automatically, at what resolution are you running it? Did you have the chance to try v 1.0 or only 1.1?

FrizzleFried

• View Profile
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2018, 02:47:33 PM »

Wow that is not good, not good at all. I'm not sure if the theme is compatible with the Pi, I can't check it, but have you followed the instruction for the creation of the "blur" art category, to obtain the blurred backgrounds? Maybe I can add it as an option so if you don't want/can't generate blurred backgrounds you can still use the theme with a simple background...

There is no option for vertical display because the theme should adapt automatically, at what resolution are you running it? Did you have the chance to try v 1.0 or only 1.1?

I only got to run 1.1... not 1.0.  I did NOT generate the backgrounds... I "assumed" it would simply run with a blank background (to test the theme of course).

I am running on an arcade monitor so the resolution is lower... 320x240, etc... the theme I've been using adapts to a few different low resolutions depending on the resolution of the game that was last played (I do believe). 

It just may not run on the Pi3...

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2018, 11:41:23 PM »
I only got to run 1.1... not 1.0.  I did NOT generate the backgrounds... I "assumed" it would simply run with a blank background (to test the theme of course).

That's what should happen, if the "blur" category is not defined it should work with a plain gray background. One thing to note is that inside the zip file there's a Arcadeflow_11 folder, that's the one you have to put in the layouts folder. If you unzip the archive you'll probably end up with a Arcadeflow_11 folder INSIDE another Arcadeflow_11 folder, which would not work. Sorry that was my mistake in building the zip archive.

I also tested it with a 320x200 window resolution and it works, so maybe the issue is with the Pi itself.

P.S. thanks to this low resolution test I found a small issue with thumbs zooming: since the zooming item is a surface, the image content is at the resolution of the small tiles, so it gets pixellated when zooming to larger. I'll tweak the theme with a prescaler so that the image looks crisp when zoomed, and scaled back to the smaller size. That will look much better for low res screens.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 12:41:44 AM by zpaolo11x »

FrizzleFried

• View Profile
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2018, 07:25:08 AM »
Yea,  at first I had the extra folder inside the folder...

...upon fixing that,  I can see some layout options (from my recollection from last night... I was testing a lot of layouts)... but yeah,  it locked up.

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2018, 09:55:53 AM »
Yea,  at first I had the extra folder inside the folder...

...upon fixing that,  I can see some layout options (from my recollection from last night... I was testing a lot of layouts)... but yeah,  it locked up.

I think this is caused by the Pi, maybe someone else can do a cross check...

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 1.2 [Release]
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2018, 12:17:55 AM »
Updated to v 1.2! Download file in the first post...