Author Topic: Conveyor_Helper Module for Themers: Updated - 11/28/2017  (Read 55519 times)

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
Re: Conveyor_Helper Module for Themers: Updated - 11/15/2017
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2017, 10:48:50 AM »
Thanks for the compliment. Let me know in what Layout you're using it in. I like to see some real world uses. Regarding the fade. You would like something like this setting correct?

Code: [Select]
after_nav_fade = 255// fades the entire gamelist to the entered alpha value after navigation endes. Changes back to item.alphascaling during navigation

This is not implemented but if it helps, I will look into it. I need to put out a bugfix regarding vertical lists with text names.

BadFurDay

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2017, 12:34:44 PM »
Thanks for the compliment. Let me know in what Layout you're using it in. I like to see some real world uses. Regarding the fade. You would like something like this setting correct?

after_nav_fade = 255// fades the entire gamelist to the entered alpha value after navigation endes. Changes back to item.alphascaling during navigation

This is not implemented but if it helps, I will look into it. I need to put out a bugfix regarding vertical lists with text names.

That would be what I'm after, would also love the option that the highlighted games wheel doesn't fade so you're left with only that wheel on screen once faded, that would be sweet. The fade script I was using had an option to select how long the fade would take which was quite useful too.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 12:36:16 PM by BadFurDay »

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2017, 01:05:58 PM »
Thanks for the great module ArcadeBliss!

I see that your update fixed some issues including showing the correct (highlighted) game in the spinwheel layout. The other layouts (like vertical) still show an incorrect game, it's off by one selection (like the spinwheel layout was before the update).

BadFurDay

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2017, 01:40:10 PM »

I see that your update fixed some issues including showing the correct (highlighted) game in the spinwheel layout. The other layouts (like vertical) still show an incorrect game, it's off by one selection (like the spinwheel layout was before the update).

Changing this "spinList.item.count = 24;                      // OPTIONS: Total number of gamelist items to display" to an odd number seemed to fix that for me, at least with the arched wheel setting, might be worth a try maybe.

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2017, 01:56:36 PM »

Changing this "spinList.item.count = 24;                      // OPTIONS: Total number of gamelist items to display" to an odd number seemed to fix that for me, at least with the arched wheel setting, might be worth a try maybe.

Thanks for the tip, I did see it in your earlier post. Yes, changing from "vList.item.count = 8;" to "vList.item.count = 9;" fixes the vertical layout to display the correct game. I simply pointed this out in case AradeBliss wanted to correct the other layouts in the module so others don't have issues.

BadFurDay

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2017, 05:13:14 PM »

Thanks for the tip, I did see it in your earlier post. Yes, changing from "vList.item.count = 8;" to "vList.item.count = 9;" fixes the vertical layout to display the correct game. I simply pointed this out in case AradeBliss wanted to correct the other layouts in the module so others don't have issues.

I see your point and I totally missed it tbh, with even numbers it should still highlight the correct game so suspect this will be a bug he wants to fix.

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2017, 10:59:41 AM »
Yes it is a bug I want to fix. Thanks for testing. Here is what is coming in the next release
- [FEATURE]: added the ability to fade the wheel after navigating use: fade_after_nav, fade_delay, fade_selected, and fade_speed
- [FEATURE]: added the ability to change the navigation speed of the gamelist see: ms_speed
- [BUGFIX]: corrected vertical lists text scrolling in the wrong direction
- [BUGFIX]: fixed fading of the fallback text object in setSlotItemClass()
- [BUGFIX]: Ensure correct game is selected when item.count is an even number see: "sel_game_offset"
- [CHANGE]: refactored setLinearStops to match lessons learned with setSpinWheelStops
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 11:42:30 AM by ArcadeBliss »

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
Re: Conveyor_Helper Module for Themers: Updated - 11/19/2017
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2017, 11:51:59 AM »

That would be what I'm after, would also love the option that the highlighted games wheel doesn't fade so you're left with only that wheel on screen once faded, that would be sweet. The fade script I was using had an option to select how long the fade would take which was quite useful too.

so I implemented this. To adjust how long it takes to fade I have add two options - the delay before the fade should begin, and the fade speed. The fade speed is a multiplier so you will need to play with it untill it is as slow or fast as you want.

Cheers.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 11:53:53 AM by ArcadeBliss »

BadFurDay

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2017, 02:25:43 PM »

so I implemented this. To adjust how long it takes to fade I have add two options - the delay before the fade should begin, and the fade speed. The fade speed is a multiplier so you will need to play with it untill it is as slow or fast as you want.

Cheers.

Great new but it isn't working for me, I've added the following code to the General List Options after updating the module and the wheel along with any code below it doesn't show:

spinList.ms_speed = 150;         // OPTIONS: in milliseconds, sets the speed of the conveyor
      spinList.fade_after_nav = 0;      // OPTIONS: 0-255 Fades the entire gamelist after navigation to this value. set to 255 to disable fading
      spinList.fade_delay = 5000;      // the amount of time in milliseconds before the fade should start
      spinList.fade_speed = 1;         // the mulitplier controlling the speed of the fade
      spinList.fade_selected = false;      // OPTIONS: TRUE/FALSE fade selected game if gamelist fading is active

Something I'm doing wrong?

progets

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2017, 09:38:13 PM »
@ArcadeBliss - Did you update the original zip file in the first post? I don't see the changes you mention and the newest files in there are dated 11/15. Thanks.

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2017, 05:19:45 AM »
@ArcadeBliss - Did you update the original zip file in the first post? I don't see the changes you mention and the newest files in there are dated 11/15. Thanks.

I sure did forget to attach it. When I get home, I'll reupload it.

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
Re: Conveyor_Helper Module for Themers: Updated - 11/28/2017
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2017, 08:00:38 PM »
uploaded a new version and added a new game list type: coverflow!

- [FEATURE]: added ch.Coverflow for coverflow lists and a new demo layout as an example
- [BUGFIX]: setting fade_afte_nav nolonger results in an endless loop
- [CHANGE]: refactored setLinearStops() (again) and LinearSlotItem.on_progress()  to match lessons learned with setSpinWheelStops all list types not work almost exactly the same simplifying code
- [CHANGE]: spinwheel gamelist items are now centered in the middle
- [CHANGE]: moved origin settings to setOriginSettings() based upon gamelist type and bend direction

BadFurDay

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2017, 11:13:06 AM »
The fade is working brilliant, thanks a lot for implementing it. One slight request with it though, would it be possible to have the fade start when the layout starts up alongside it fade after the navigation? This could maybe even be another option if people prefer the list to show when they start the layout.

ArcadeBliss

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2017, 12:12:46 PM »
The fade is working brilliant, thanks a lot for implementing it. One slight request with it though, would it be possible to have the fade start when the layout starts up alongside it fade after the navigation? This could maybe even be another option if people prefer the list to show when they start the layout.

I added this request to my list.

jedione

• punktoe
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2017, 07:42:47 AM »
Q: im testing your new addon of coverflow, and im

getting this quick flash of the last position at the end of each transition.

i am on the latest am build, and plenty of power..

any idea what could be causing this?  thanks

youtube = https://youtu.be/COGaVw5r-1c
help a friend....