Author Topic: Random game after period of time  (Read 3918 times)

incy2k

• View Profile
Random game after period of time
« on: August 30, 2016, 09:17:10 AM »
Would I be possible to have a random game selected say every 4 minutes. I think hyperspin does something similar. I know there is a random game setting in the controls but I believe this is limited to the current emulator on display.Could a script be made or setting be enabled to after x minutes a random game from all displays be shown.I don't know how difficult this would be to create but I figured I would put the suggestion out there and maybe someone with more talent than myself could have a try.

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Random game after period of time
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 11:19:50 AM »
Yes. I started this in my own project, but ran into a bug and scrapped the idea as I didn't see it necessary. I could create it as a plugin, but my time is limited and I'm still without an isp. I can give some one a head start and possibly have some one else debug/test/finish if you like?

ptiwee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 05:03:32 AM »
I dirty coded this plugin which should do the trick. For now it will first select a random display, then a random game (I could ponderate the displays, but is really recessary ?).
Let me know if you encounter any bug.

incy2k

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 07:16:24 AM »
ok only issue i found with this is when picking a game manually if you take to long it triggers so would it be possible to add a button to enable disable it or reset timer when button pressed?

keilmillerjr

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 09:07:57 PM »
I would expect the random game to only be selected after a period of inactivity. I implemented a screens saver in my theme to occur after X amount of inactivity. Then a random game would be selected every X amount of time during the screen saver. Trouble I had was returning from the screen saver after a random game was selected. Just some stupid bug I don't have time for.

I don't see the point in choosing a game at a specific interval.?