Author Topic: Daphne  (Read 4225 times)

clockman

• View Profile
Daphne
« on: March 28, 2016, 04:38:20 PM »
I was wondering 2 things. I want to st up Daphne to play my most favorite game Dragons lair. I would also like to use rocketlauncher. I was wondering if any one could do a video setting these up?

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Daphne
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 05:33:04 PM »
Here is my config for Daphne... For rocketlauncher, you can find a lot of tutorials on youtube.   

executable      C:\Emulators\daphne\daphne.exe
args       [name] vldp -framefile [rompath][name].txt -blank_searches -min_seek_delay 1000 -seek_frames_per_ms 20 -homedir . -sound_buffer 2048 -fullscreen -fastboot -useoverlaysb 0
rompath              C:\roms\daphne\framefile\
romext               .zip;.txt
artwork    flyer           C:\media\daphne\flyer
artwork    marquee         C:\media\daphne\marquee
artwork    snap            C:\media\daphne\Video
artwork    wheel           C:\media\daphne\wheel

clockman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 03:54:35 AM »
With these settings does it show the CMD box on starting a game. I used maximus arcade in the past and could never get it to work through the command line only with the Daphne loader.exe. And doing it that way it loaded the loader in the back ground. I don't want to see the CMD prompt box.

akafox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 09:32:01 AM »
I think with widows it might show the cmd line still..omega refresh my ram (memory) please. As for the Daphne loader..that's to use the gui to start games. Omegaman is right from raw command line it's:

executable      C:\Emulators\daphne\daphne.exe

Not
Code: [Select]
executable      C:\Emulators\daphne\daphneloader.exe
Though I don't think you are talking about that....? You mean a blackbox right?

As for rocket launcher...is that a pre/post script thing? I ask because I don't use anything like that to start daphne.
People want life easy..then complain about it

omegaman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 10:15:02 PM »
Sorry, for the late reply... No, you shouldn't see the cmd line at all with these settings. Just make sure your framefiles are   setup correctly. The names of the text files should match the folders in vldp and vldp2, respectively. And, the framefiles need to have the correct paths for the vldp folders.