Author Topic: Update Romlist without losing changes  (Read 2278 times)

placebo_yue

• sup
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Update Romlist without losing changes
« on: July 11, 2019, 09:25:21 PM »
Something i've been struggling since i started using AM is this, whenever i download a single new game for a certain emulator, if i wanna include it on my lists, i lose all the changes i made to every other rom, the displayed name, the genre, number of players, etc.

Is there a way to look for roms and ignore the ones that are already there, only add the new ones? or anything along the lines, maybe something that asks you if you wanna overwrite, something that saves for good on some config file what you change on the roms?

is there a way to load the information from, say, the NES romlist so it's automatically applied to an "ALL GAMES" list? i'm currently not inheriting any data from the lists.

please help

rand0m

• View Profile
Re: Update Romlist without losing changes
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 03:33:36 AM »
That is something I would like to know too. Is there anyway to skip "filled" fields and only fill empty ones? or something like a time value (Past hour/ day/ week) we can list so only roms in that time frame get updated?

Secondly something to automate putting newly added roms to "ALL" or "Single Unified List" is sorely needed.

placebo_yue

• sup
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Update Romlist without losing changes
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 07:58:32 AM »
Edit the romlist file.?

Sure i could do that, but it's kind of a hassle. I assumed there was a better way, since we have all these automatic scrapers and rom list generations.

If there is no way to do this, it's one hell of a feature to request to the devs. Probably not that hard to implement, just compare current ROM filename with the list we have during list generation, if it's included, ignore. Or have a setting somewhere that defines if ignore, overwrite, or start a list from scratch. Hell, i'd try to write that if any of you give me some insight in which file controls the romlist creation (don't get your hopes up tho, i'm not that good)